Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ff1995
    • Mar 2012

Yr 12 Research Project

Hi everyone would really appreciate it if you could fill out this survey.

Create and publish online surveys in minutes, and view results graphically and in real time. SurveyMonkey provides free online questionnaire and survey software.

Also if anyone could help answer any of these questions.

• russ
    Solar Fanatic
    • Jul 2009

What is the purpose of this so called survey?

Post it one time and in one place only - I have removed 3 copies from different forums so far.
    Last edited by russ; 03-13-2012, 09:22 AM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

• Mike90250
      • May 2009

Originally posted by ff1995
      Hi everyone would really appreciate it if you could fill out this survey.

Create and publish online surveys in minutes, and view results graphically and in real time. SurveyMonkey provides free online questionnaire and survey software.

Also if anyone could help answer any of these questions.

• Are solar panels affordable for the average working class family? Are they affordable to replace?
      • On average how long do solar panels last? Are they resilient enough to withstand the effects of nature?
      • Can the solar energy which is produced, be stored?
      • What contributing factors do the panels rely on to produce power?
      • What type of advancements will solar energy undergo in the next 5-10 years?

Thanks Britt xo
      Affordability depends on the cost of local utility, and insolation in the area. Varys greatly.

Panels have lasted for 40 years with only a slight loss. How well were they made is the Proper queston.

Which effects of Nature ? Hurricane tossed lawn chairs ? trees uprooted from tornado? baseball size hail?
      most mfg's list hailstone size xx mm @ xx KPH All vary.

Power stored? Sure, many ways. I prefer the GRID as a battery.

Solar Brightness and panel tempeture have the most influence on power production

advancements ? Let me look at my crystal ball. .... I predict 1% power gain in panels for sale in the next 10 years, over todays best panels.
      Powerfab top of pole PV mount (2) | Listeroid 6/1 w/st5 gen head | XW6048 inverter/chgr | Iota 48V/15A charger | Morningstar 60A MPPT | 48V, 800A NiFe Battery (in series)| 15, Evergreen 205w "12V" PV array on pole | Midnight ePanel | Grundfos 10 SO5-9 with 3 wire Franklin Electric motor (1/2hp 240V 1ph ) on a timer for 3 hr noontime run - Runs off PV ||
      || Midnight Classic 200 | 10, Evergreen 200w in a 160VOC array ||
      || VEC1093 12V Charger | Maha C401 aa/aaa Charger | SureSine | Sunsaver MPPT 15A

solar: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Solar
      gen: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Lister

Comment

• ff1995
        • Mar 2012

Originally posted by russ
        What is the purpose of this so called survey?

Post it one time and in one place only - I have removed 3 copies from different forums so far.
        I Didn't know that you can only place it in one spot. It is for a final year school project hope you understand

Britt xo

Comment

• ff1995
          • Mar 2012

Originally posted by Mike90250
          Affordability depends on the cost of local utility, and insolation in the area. Varys greatly.

Panels have lasted for 40 years with only a slight loss. How well were they made is the Proper queston.

Which effects of Nature ? Hurricane tossed lawn chairs ? trees uprooted from tornado? baseball size hail?
          most mfg's list hailstone size xx mm @ xx KPH All vary.

Power stored? Sure, many ways. I prefer the GRID as a battery.

Solar Brightness and panel tempeture have the most influence on power production

advancements ? Let me look at my crystal ball. .... I predict 1% power gain in panels for sale in the next 10 years, over todays best panels.

Thank you so much for your reply. Helped alot

Britt xo

Comment

• russ
            Solar Fanatic
            • Jul 2009

I removed several more - next time I do it the easy way
            [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

• Sunking
              Solar Fanatic
              • Feb 2010

Nuke him now and put him out of our misery. He has posted this same thread on a dozen sites and 10 times on this site. Kill it before it grows.
              MSEE, PE

Comment

• Mike90250
                • May 2009

Originally posted by ff1995
                I Didn't know that you can only place it in one spot. It is for a final year school project hope you understand Britt xo
                Duplicate postings of the same thing, annoy everybody. DONT POST anymore links to your survey, or argue with the moderators.
                Powerfab top of pole PV mount (2) | Listeroid 6/1 w/st5 gen head | XW6048 inverter/chgr | Iota 48V/15A charger | Morningstar 60A MPPT | 48V, 800A NiFe Battery (in series)| 15, Evergreen 205w "12V" PV array on pole | Midnight ePanel | Grundfos 10 SO5-9 with 3 wire Franklin Electric motor (1/2hp 240V 1ph ) on a timer for 3 hr noontime run - Runs off PV ||
                || Midnight Classic 200 | 10, Evergreen 200w in a 160VOC array ||
                || VEC1093 12V Charger | Maha C401 aa/aaa Charger | SureSine | Sunsaver MPPT 15A

solar: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Solar
                gen: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Lister

Comment

Working...