Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Reid1boys
    • Dec 2021

Originally posted by DanS26
    LOL.....the regulators requiring POCOs to buy power at retail and then resell at the same price. POCOs are unwilling partners in a no win game.....who would of thought it would have a nasty outcome with unintended consequences.
    but they have no problem with their govt supported monopolies.

Comment

• SunEagle
      Super Moderator
      • Oct 2012

Originally posted by Reid1boys

Who said I could afford it? I sold all of my baseball cards to come up with that money..... does me being able to afford it change anything? I can afford many things that low income can not. How does that change anything? Is it fair I can afford to go to an expensive football game across the country while the low income person can not? is it fair that I spent 4 years in the military to pay for school while someone else did not? Is it fair that I worked 2 jobs at the same time while attending school full time while someone else did not?
      I have decided long ago to not argue with anyone that thinks differently then me. So have a good night and enjoy what you have.

Comment

• DanS26
        Solar Fanatic
        • Dec 2011

but they have no problem with their govt supported monopolies.
        They have a franchise for a reason....it protects you and your neighbors (and the environment) from paying for duplicate production and distribution.

Comment

• J.P.M.
          Solar Fanatic
          • Aug 2013

Ah..... compete in the free market, like the electric companies are doing???? There is zero sarcasm in my question. If people can whine about '"Subsidizing," my solar panels, why should all of us that dont live in the fire zones be complaining about people that choose to build their home in the middle of a tinderbox?

I would be perfectly fine to have a flat fee on our bills that EVERYONE paid equally. But they will never do that. A tiered flat fee is a joke.

FYI, my question and post were directed to Dan and was in response to Dan's post, not yours.

I'm with SunEagle on responding to you on this thread.

I'll add one idea and then leave you to feel sorry for being treated in what you apparently think is an unfair fashion:
          No one ever said the market was "free".
          That's a fiction as anyone with one eye and one balloon knot will tell you.

Enjoy your stew.

Comment

Working...