New system installed and new to forum

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SolTex
    • Mar 2022

You set the "azimuth" in the PVWatts to 180 degrees, when your panels actually face 99 and 279 degrees. Your results will be lower with the actual panel azimuth entered.
    Last edited by SolTex; 03-25-2023, 02:42 PM.
    Enphase 15kW: (40) LG380N1C, IQ7+, (2) 10T storage

Comment

• oregon_phil
      Solar Fanatic
      • Jan 2019

Originally posted by Sando
      I read through all the comments and found some more info regarding my system. Also used the PVWatts calculator, although I did not break it up like previous poster into 2 calculations for east (5 panels) and 6 on the west side. I have monthly estimates by NM Solar (they should say 2023, not 2022), the project overview with array details and what I got from PVWatts. Jan. and Feb. are closer to installers estimates, March looks like it is going to be a lot less. Also read the article from AC Electric, not sure I understand it completely.
      Here's a stab at your location using 6 East and 5 west panels with your roof pitch and orientation. Your actual roof pitch is not 18 degrees, it's closer to 45 degrees from what I can gather from google maps.

Those deciduous trees in your front yard look like they are maybe 100 feet tall. You might be getting some low angle shading in the winter. Sometimes it is difficult to see shading on the panels caused by branches. Morning shading in the summer might should be watched too; especially with 45 degree angle roof pitch.

It would be helpful to know which SolarEdge optimisers were selected for your project. Also, it would be helpful to get per panel power and voltage if the SolarEdge app allows it. Maybe some SE people could help walk her through how to do this.

For what it's worth, use a full width black marker next time when blocking out sensitive information on your paperwork for public consumption.

Attached Files

Comment

• SunEagle
        Super Moderator
        • Oct 2012

Originally posted by SolTex
        You set the "azimuth" in the PVWatts to 180 degrees, when your panels actually face 99 and 279 degrees. Your results will be lower with the actual panel azimuth entered.
        Along with getting the wrong azimuth in the calculations I would also say that those trees will provide some shade on the East panels and the chimney could cause shade on a couple of the panels. If they are all on one string then IMO any shade will result in a lower output.

Comment

• Sando
          • Mar 2023

Thank you all for your help. I feel better about my production now at this time of year and kind of know more now about what to look at. I'm not going to be changing anything at this point anyway. If the production continues to be low in the summer months I'll look at everything again and talk to NM Solar. One of those trees is actually my neighbors and we talked about him possibly trimming mine when he does his, so that might happen down the line. This is a very helpful forum, I'm glad I found it.

Comment

• J.P.M.
            Solar Fanatic
            • Aug 2013

Thank you all for your help. I feel better about my production now at this time of year and kind of know more now about what to look at. I'm not going to be changing anything at this point anyway. If the production continues to be low in the summer months I'll look at everything again and talk to NM Solar. One of those trees is actually my neighbors and we talked about him possibly trimming mine when he does his, so that might happen down the line. This is a very helpful forum, I'm glad I found it.
            So, I'd take that to mean that you're no longer looking for input about any analysis of your output, correct ?

Comment

• Sando
              • Mar 2023

That's correct and again thank you all for your input.

Comment

• J.P.M.
                Solar Fanatic
                • Aug 2013

That's correct and again thank you all for your input.
                You're welcome.
                Good luck.

Comment

Working...