Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • steachj
    • Feb 2021

Net metering problem with SCE

I had solar installed in June of 21 and a PTO ( permission to operate) of July 9,2021. Sce started my net metering of Nov 24, 2021.
    They are telling me that the 3.2 MWH of power I feed in is going be a credit of $320.00 wholesale pricing as net net metering had not started.
    Should my net metering have started with my PTO ? I'm I out of line with this thinking ?
  • SunEagle
    Super Moderator
    • Oct 2012

Originally posted by steachj
    I had solar installed in June of 21 and a PTO ( permission to operate) of July 9,2021. Sce started my net metering of Nov 24, 2021.
    They are telling me that the 3.2 MWH of power I feed in is going be a credit of $320.00 wholesale pricing as net net metering had not started.
    Should my net metering have started with my PTO ? I'm I out of line with this thinking ?
    Was there any date on the PTO when your Net metering would start? If not then the POCO can start whenever they feel it would be the beginning of a new financial "year" for them.

Comment

• J.P.M.
      Solar Fanatic
      • Aug 2013

July to Nov. is a long time. Why didn't you call them when you got your first billing statement after PTO and things were amiss (that is, no credit for system generation) ?

Comment

• Ampster
        Solar Fanatic
        • Jun 2017

That delay seems to be the trend lately in California from personal experience and posts on other forums. I got my PTO from PGE on October 20th and as of my last bill two days ago, still no NEM credit. From other forums, those users eventually got a catch up bill going back to the PTO date. My three previous installs did not take that long. Two were with SCE and one was with PGE. My winter production does not exceed my consumption so I am not concerned.
        Are you saying your bill was not recalculated retro active to the PTO date with SCE. Does your bill show when your True Up date is?
        9 kW solar, 42kWh LFP storage. EV owner since 2012

Comment

• steachj
          • Feb 2021

They are telling me the true up date is staring Nov 24th. Something about my meter being level one and only shows total feed in. They switch me to level 2 nov 24th and that shows feed in in 15 minute increments. They are giving me $330.00 for 3300 kwh feed in. Too true up the account because they where too lazy and efficient to put me at the level 2 meter, which is done by them as software.

Comment

• steachj
            • Feb 2021

I called a ar least 2 to 3 times a month for 5 months knowing fully well I would get screwed in the end.
            Can you take SCE to small claims court?

Comment

• J.P.M.
              Solar Fanatic
              • Aug 2013

I called a ar least 2 to 3 times a month for 5 months knowing fully well I would get screwed in the end.
              I recall reading somewhere that the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result. Don't know how many repetitions it takes before some delusions of reality show up however.

Comment

• SunEagle
                Super Moderator
                • Oct 2012

You can try but if the contract did not have a clear start date or if there were any reasons that they could not start their Net metering you might be holding the bad for court costs.

Comment

• Ampster
                  Solar Fanatic
                  • Jun 2017

They are telling me the true up date is staring Nov 24th. Something about my meter being level one and only shows total feed in. They switch me to level 2 nov 24th and that shows feed in in 15 minute increments. They are giving me $330.00 for 3300 kwh feed in. Too true up the account because they where too lazy and efficient to put me at the level 2 meter, which is done by them as software.
                  That is consistent with what I have heard is simply a software toggle that enables the accounting software to accumulate the additional data. That gives me the motivation to talk to a contact that I have previously spoken to earlier in my NEM application process to see if they can confirm that step.
                  9 kW solar, 42kWh LFP storage. EV owner since 2012

Comment

Working...