Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RockyJ
    • Oct 2021

Soliciting inverter replacement advice

I bought my house here in Las Vegas which had a solar system pre-installed. It's bought and paid for, but the previous owner left no documentation. Anyway, now 4 yrs later and the Inverter (AURORA, PVI-3.6-OUTD-S-US, made by Power-One) has an E031 error. Research tells me it's not reparable, but I'm having a tough time finding a replacement. There a couple on eBay, but they're in Europe. Ugh. I'm assuming I can replace it with a different/upgraded model. I'm pretty handy and am sure I can swap out the inverter myself, if I can find one that is. Any guidance would be much appreciated.
  • solarix
    Super Moderator
    • Apr 2015

That inverter should have a 10 year warranty. Power-One was bought out by ABB years ago. Call 877-261-1374 for tech support and push for a replacement. Is there a date on the label, or in the documentation? Power-one inverters have a dual inputs, so if you have to replace it with something else, make sure it has multi inputs as well.
    BSEE, R11, NABCEP, Chevy BoltEV, >3000kW installed

Comment

• RockyJ
      • Oct 2021

I so appreciate this info. Since I received no documentation when buying the home I didn't know the mfg date. Plus other sites I visited said it was a 5-yr warranty so I didn't holdout much hope.

Anyway, the # you provided took me to ABB tech support who guided me to the WK number on the label, which is 4113 (41st week of 2013). You are correct, the 10-yr warranty is still good. I was given the option of a replacement (same model refurb'd) for 0$ orrrrrrr $586 for a new model with current technology, including a wifi card for online monitoring... + $175 paid to a certified tech for installation. PERFECT!!! So glad I found this forum. Thanks again Solarix, you are indeed the Super Moderator

Comment

• solarix
        Super Moderator
        • Apr 2015

Well, I do like to help the human beings...
        BSEE, R11, NABCEP, Chevy BoltEV, >3000kW installed

Comment

• J.P.M.
          Solar Fanatic
          • Aug 2013

Originally posted by solarix
          Well, I do like to help the human beings...
          FWIW, nicely done.

J.P.M.

Comment

Working...