Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who owns Sungevity warranties these days?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who owns Sungevity warranties these days?

With Sungevity back on the garbage heap, does anyone know who owns the warranties? I went live 5 years ago, and has been generally problem-free. However, one panel has not generated any power in 2 weeks. Because I never received a grid layout of which physical panels are which in the my Solar Edge monitoring, I can't isolate which one but visually I dont see anything wrong with any of them.

As it's only 1 out of 36 total that is out, it's not the end of the world, but it would be nice to get it replaced. But after reading various articles, I can't tell who wound up w/ the Sungevity assets. My only useful thought was to reach out to the local contractor who performed the original install. I'm guessing I'm on the hook for the labor, but maybe I can get them to honor the mfgr's warranty.

Last time I had to deal with a Sungevity legacy install, it was Omnidian 866/283-3609
    BSEE, R11, NABCEP, Chevy BoltEV, >3000kW installed

Comment

Originally posted by solarix View Post
      Last time I had to deal with a Sungevity legacy install, it was Omnidian 866/283-3609
      much appreciated!

Comment

Originally posted by Burningislove View Post
        With Sungevity back on the garbage heap, does anyone know who owns the warranties?
        Solar Spectrum owns the production guarantee - at least for the system I deal with that used Sungevity.

If you're asking about panel warranties - then I think it's the panel manufacturer will honor the warranty.
        And I'd probably look to the actual installer, which Sungevity subcontracted the job out to.

BTW - if one panel is generating 0 power, you'll see that panel as being hotter than the others during a sunny day. So you may be able to spot which one it is with an IR camera.
        The others have 100s of watts of energy being exported from them. A panel that has 0 power production, every watt gets re-radiated as IR energy.

Comment

Working...
        X