X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jasonvr
    Solar Fanatic
    • Jun 2017

SCE TOU Baseline Credit Change??

As those who are on SCE's TOU rates know, we are still subject to a minimum charge per month (usually works out to about $10). However, if your delivery charges ended up being positive, it actually reduced the minimum charge, and sometimes almost completely eliminated it in months where a lot of grid power was used (winter). What I just realized is that in March, SCE messed with their tariffs and they moved the baseline credit from the Generation category to the Delivery category. That means it may actually be impossible to end up with a positive number in the Generation category, unless you use A LOT of grid electricity in a month.

Anyone else notice this?
  • jasonvr
    Solar Fanatic
    • Jun 2017

Nevermind - it looks like they aren't including the baseline credit into the calculation. My November bill just closed and I would be negative on my Delivery when including the baseline credit, but the rest of the delivery component did end up reducing my minimum charge so my 33 day bill only ended up being 8.04 instead of 11.42

Comment

• Ampster
      Solar Fanatic
      • Jun 2017

Are you by chance opted into Clean Power Alliance? CPA is a Community Choice Aggregation service provided by LA County who buys the generation portion of electricity on your bill. CPA serves LA County unincorporated area and cities in LA and Ventura County that have joined CPA. Its rates for generation are less expensive than SCE and there are other incentives.
      9 kW solar, 42kWh LFP storage. EV owner since 2012

Comment

• jasonvr
        Solar Fanatic
        • Jun 2017

Originally posted by Ampster
        Are you by chance opted into Clean Power Alliance? CPA is a Community Choice Aggregation service provided by LA County who buys the generation portion of electricity on your bill. CPA serves LA County unincorporated area and cities in LA and Ventura County that have joined CPA. Its rates for generation are less expensive than SCE and there are other incentives.
        Nope - I'm in OC

Comment

Working...