Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Communication error on SE5000 inverter...and now not generating!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Communication error on SE5000 inverter...and now not generating!

Hi, in an attempt to reset my wifi connection and password (after a router change) on my SE5000 inverter, I'm now receiving an error code 2xB7. Looking through the error logs it also provides the error number 183. I've now (rightly or wrongly) done a factory reset, and it still comes up with the same error. Additionally it won't allow me to set the country code (just returns a "failed" response). I've tried connecting via WIFI and RJ45 and get the same error messages and failures....HELP! Nothing is generating at the moment.

Originally posted by jonnygwynn View Post
    Hi, in an attempt to reset my wifi connection and password (after a router change) on my SE5000 inverter, I'm now receiving an error code 2xB7.
    Where are you located that you have WiFi on your inverter? are you sure it is WiFi on the inverter directly and not zigbee, or third party wifi gateway?

Originally posted by jonnygwynn View Post
    Looking through the error logs it also provides the error number 183. I've now (rightly or wrongly) done a factory reset, and it still comes up with the same error. Additionally it won't allow me to set the country code (just returns a "failed" response). I've tried connecting via WIFI and RJ45 and get the same error messages and failures....HELP! Nothing is generating at the moment.
    2xB7 seems to be storedge related. But you don't have a StorEdge
    I suspect you need to contact SolarEdge to resolve your issue
    OutBack FP1 w/ CS6P-250P http://bit.ly/1Sg5VNH

Comment

Hi Butch - Located in the UK...Yes it has a separate WIFI card installed to the board (add on). One of these! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MhKR8h_zmn4

Waiting for a call-back now.

Comment

SolarEdge cleared the error message remotely and reset the country code. Still not generating, so waiting to hear back again!

Comment

All resolved remotely by SolarEdge - If anyone has this issue don't waste your time trying to fix it yourself - I spent hours yesterday trying to. Just raise a ticket and get support. Also avoided my installer having to come out and charge me

Comment

All this trying to change the wifi connection. The Inverter wouldn't connect using WPS and the only way to access the wifi scan option is with the lid off...rubbish design.

Comment

Working...
            X