Design plans for building permit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Design plans for building permit

This questions if for those who are self installers. I'm looking for a company that can help me create the design plans for my roof. I'm in Idaho so I'm guessing they would have to know the regulation in Idaho. Would it be easier if I just went with the company that I buy the PVs from?

Originally posted by MaxThisPower View Post
    This questions if for those who are self installers. I'm looking for a company that can help me create the design plans for my roof. I'm in Idaho so I'm guessing they would have to know the regulation in Idaho. Would it be easier if I just went with the company that I buy the PVs from?
    I took the template that my town's building department provides, added/changed it to be appropriate for what I would be doing, and used that.
    The 2 companies that I looked at using for supplies didn't create building permit plans themselves, but offered that via someone they contracted with.

I'd ask the local AHJ if they have example plans/templates. They might. Or the neighboring town/county might.

But just paying someone else $300 to create it is also an option. (Just expect that you'll still have to do a lot of the legwork, figuring out rafter spacing, rafter location, roof dimensions for meeting eave setbacks, etc etc.)

Comment

Have you looked at Wholesale Solar in Mount Shasta?
      Last edited by solar pete; 09-19-2018, 06:34 PM.
      4400w, Midnite Classic 150 charge-controller.

Comment

Greenlancer.com is a nationwide association of solar related licensed engineers and designers that provide site specific, affordable, plans.
        BSEE, R11, NABCEP, Chevy BoltEV, >3000kW installed

Comment

Working...
        X