Home Insurer Revises Policy on Residential Solar Panels

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Update:

Making the change to a new insurance company. They have no restrictions on my solar and just added the value of the system to the dwelling coverage. Since we paid off our house recently, I took the opportunity to increase our liability coverage and still came out $750 less annually for the house and cars combined.
    Dave W. Gilbert AZ
    6.63kW grid-tie owner

Comment

Originally posted by Ian S View Post
      I'm also with State Farm but only cover 2/3 of my electric usage so the issue doesn't apply to me. It does sound stupid and not thought through. I had a recent review of my insurance coverage and the agent never mentioned it although I did mention the change in status of my solar (bought-out lease.). He did recommend that I up my building coverage to deal with the solar and today's cost of rebuild (not revamped in at least a decade). I am considering getting quotes from other companies but may wait until we move next year.
      That is a great deal on that system... do you mind telling who the contractor was and what year u got into that deal? i got a prepaid lease from Solartopps and paid 11k for 5.8k system and $1,100 at the end of 7 year

Comment

Working...
      X