X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Gdwats
    • Jul 2017

Classifieds

Is there a classified section here? I can't seem to find it. I have a spare 24 volt 1500 watt pure sine AC inverter.
    900W, 40A MPPT, 230AH FLA,24V Samlex 1500W
  • sdold
    • Jun 2014

Thanks for asking first, this comes up occasionally, this forum doesn't have a "for sale" section.

Comment

• J.P.M.
      Solar Fanatic
      • Aug 2013

Originally posted by Gdwats
      You are a jerk Sun King. What I was offering was practically a gift I will have no trouble getting rid of it elsewhere.
      By one definition, all offerings are gifts. If your inverter is really a gift, I'd suggest you consider putting it out at your curb and save your thin skin some abrasive action from posters.

As for jerks, we all fit that description by our actions 1X/awhile, but opinions vary.

Comment

• Gdwats
        • Jul 2017

Originally posted by sdold
        Thanks for asking first, this comes up occasionally, this forum doesn't have a "for sale" section.
        Ok, thanks !

Comment

• Gdwats
          • Jul 2017

Originally posted by J.P.M.

By one definition, all offerings are gifts. If your inverter is really a gift, I'd suggest you consider putting it out at your curb and save your thin skin some abrasive action from posters.

As for jerks, we all fit that description by our actions 1X/awhile, but opinions vary.
          Well, it is a $600 inverter so I don't think I'll stick it on the curb. As for jerks, sun-king is the reason I stopped even visiting here about 6 months ago. The only reason I chimed back in was to offer it up. Anyway all is well here. Didn't mean to step on any toes. Doesn't sound like I did, except for the troll toe.

Comment

• Kingram
            • Sep 2017

Originally posted by Gdwats
            You are a jerk Sun King. What I was offering was practically a gift I will have no trouble getting rid of it elsewhere.
            Most members have manners but I agree there is a couple of Jerk's on here and they constantly tell other members how ignorant , uneducated or you're a idiot and then if someone takes offense they then say you are thin skinned , the question is why do the moderators allow it ? is it because those guys have been on here for a long time ? if it is allowed then insults can fly both directions and we can have a free for all .People ask questions to learn and don't need to be insulted in doing so. I think this board would grow if those guys weren't insulting and chasing people off.
            Last edited by Kingram; 04-05-2018, 04:20 PM.
            9.36 grid tied, Phoenix Arizona

Comment

• Mike90250
              • May 2009

Everyone gets a free pass at asking a question. When the question gets answered by several experienced people and a 4th chimes in and says something contrary and no good evidence to defend their position, or suggests something unsafe, they get "slapped". Someone does not like and answer and says Well, I'll do it this goofy way anyway, they get called a fool.
              And there is a nice way, and a hurtful way to say it, but ya know, it's the internet and it's all free once you pay your connection bill. Watch overunity jerks on you tube and charge your EV for free.
              Powerfab top of pole PV mount (2) | Listeroid 6/1 w/st5 gen head | XW6048 inverter/chgr | Iota 48V/15A charger | Morningstar 60A MPPT | 48V, 800A NiFe Battery (in series)| 15, Evergreen 205w "12V" PV array on pole | Midnight ePanel | Grundfos 10 SO5-9 with 3 wire Franklin Electric motor (1/2hp 240V 1ph ) on a timer for 3 hr noontime run - Runs off PV ||
              || Midnight Classic 200 | 10, Evergreen 200w in a 160VOC array ||
              || VEC1093 12V Charger | Maha C401 aa/aaa Charger | SureSine | Sunsaver MPPT 15A

solar: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Solar
              gen: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Lister

Comment

• Sunking
                Solar Fanatic
                • Feb 2010

Like I said GDWATTS the forum is not here to make you money. Exactly what the moderators said. If truth offends you then...
                MSEE, PE

Comment

• sdold
                  • Jun 2014

1. Plenty of forums have a classified section. The Cessna 150 and Cessna 140 forums I use have one, so that I can buy and sell hard to find airplane parts. The QRZ.COM ham forum has one for us to buy and sell our ham gear.

2. This forum is a little different in that it's an online knowledge base and income generator for a business that has, at least for now, chosen not to have it become an online marketplace. Nothing wrong with that and there are probably good reasons.

3. There is nothing wrong with asking if the forum has a classified section, given that many forums do. What is a problem is when users post ads without asking first. Since the OP didn't do that, there is no problem here.

Comment

Working...