Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has Anyone Encountered This Issue With Solaredge Inverter?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello all,

Just want to update you. We installed the capacitor, tagging off of the AC output circuit between the inverter and the AC disconnect. Since installing the capacitor, the errors and restarts are gone, and the inverter is operating normally. I still can't be certain of the source of harmonic distortion, which is somewhat unsatisfying, but I will settle for this fix. Thanks to Grickard and Bcroe for the guidance.

Comment

Great, glad this helped.

Comment

I've had success using ferrite chokes for this sort of thing.
        Digikey p/n 240-2121-ND - just snap them around the offending conductors.
        Chokes are best for high frequency noise or disturbances, capacitors are better for surges and transients.
        BSEE, R11, NABCEP, Chevy BoltEV, >3000kW installed

Comment

I had the same problem as Greg with LED lights on one circuit. Couldn't find an answer from anyone, so I installed a 120v-120v isolation transformer on that circuit only, have not had a problem since. I like the capacitor idea better though, I may try that just for fun.
          loobosh, looks like it was a 10mf run capacitor between L1 and L2.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben25 View Post
            ....., looks like it was a 10mf run capacitor between L1 and L2.
            You know thats going to need to be a 400V rated capacitor. and that 600V would not be overkill. And a fuse to prevent a fire when the cap shorts

Powerfab top of pole PV mount (2) | Listeroid 6/1 w/st5 gen head | XW6048 inverter/chgr | Iota 48V/15A charger | Morningstar 60A MPPT | 48V, 800A NiFe Battery (in series)| 15, Evergreen 205w "12V" PV array on pole | Midnight ePanel | Grundfos 10 SO5-9 with 3 wire Franklin Electric motor (1/2hp 240V 1ph ) on a timer for 3 hr noontime run - Runs off PV ||
            || Midnight Classic 200 | 10, Evergreen 200w in a 160VOC array ||
            || VEC1093 12V Charger | Maha C401 aa/aaa Charger | SureSine | Sunsaver MPPT 15A

solar: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Solar
            gen: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Lister

Comment

Originally posted by Mike90250 View Post

You know thats going to need to be a 400V rated capacitor. and that 600V would not be overkill. And a fuse to prevent a fire when the cap shorts
              Yes, 240v RMS x 1.414 is 340v peak. Good call on the fusing. Maybe capacitor in a metal box off to the side with an inline fuse. I'm just going to stick with my isolation transformer for now, it works and I only had the issue on one circuit.
              Last edited by Ben25; 01-05-2019, 09:31 AM.

Comment

I recently experienced a similar problem in my Motorhome - the Magnum ME2012 Inverter would suddenly and for unknown reasons just 'shut off'.

After more than 4 years on the road and no issues like this before, and the whole time the inverter was 'ON', whether off-grid or on shore or gen power, I was somewhat at a loss.

I at first thought that it must be a lost connection, or a coil or relay going bad. Nope... and I had never thought that it would be the battery bank since I'd never had any issues with them - and they still continued to read a nice 12.5-12.8 voltage with nothing much being drawn, even with the Inverter on.

Come to find out, though, one of the 4 6v House batteries, which is used by the 12v system for lights and fans,etc., as well as the Inverter for 120v output, had 2 of it's 3 cells reading VERY low for specific gravity.

As I though about this new information, I also remembered that several times that I tried to 'restart' the Inverter, the motorhome's 12v lights would 'flicker'. A good indication that 'something' was amiss. I had also tested the 'low battery cell' theory by turning on the Inverter, adding several smaller loads, like TVs and the 120v Fridge, and then adding a 'large' load, like the microwave - BAM! the Inverter would 'shut off' suddenly.
                I started to realize that the Inverter was shutting off because it was not sensing the 12v power, even for a fraction of a second during the large load startup, due to the battery bank 'seeming' as though it did not have 12v power because of the several low cells not being able to 'keep up'.

Rather than replacing the suspect battery, I drained it and refilled it with battery acid and distilled water, and gave it several overnights of full charging. The suspect cells then came back up to specific readings inline with proper levels.

After reinstalling the newly conditioned battery, the Inverter is back to it's normal operation.

Comment

Originally posted by Nwatson View Post
                  Hello all,

Just want to update you. We installed the capacitor, tagging off of the AC output circuit between the inverter and the AC disconnect. Since installing the capacitor, the errors and restarts are gone, and the inverter is operating normally. I still can't be certain of the source of harmonic distortion, which is somewhat unsatisfying, but I will settle for this fix. Thanks to Grickard and Bcroe for the guidance.
                  I got the same problem whole house water heater voltage drop to 236 when on, 7600 HD shuts down restarts on 30 seconds. What capacitor did you buy and did you hook it up to L1 L2 I take it.

Comment

Originally posted by loobosh View Post

I got the same problem whole house water heater voltage drop to 236 when on, 7600 HD shuts down restarts on 30 seconds. What capacitor did you buy and did you hook it up to L1 L2 I take it.
                    Here is the stuff we installed:

https://www.grainger.com/product/TIT...pacitor-30D572

https://www.grainger.com/product/DAY...Bracket-12N976

https://www.grainger.com/product/DAY...al-Guard-2MEU9

Comment

Originally posted by solarix View Post
                      I've had success using ferrite chokes for this sort of thing.
                      Digikey p/n 240-2121-ND - just snap them around the offending conductors.
                      Chokes are best for high frequency noise or disturbances, capacitors are better for surges and transients.
                      Where in your system did you install the ferrite chokes and what was your reasoning for doing so? Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                      X