48 volt alpha genarator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 48 volt alpha genarator

Hi i have an Alpha CE -3x2 48 volt dc genarator i bought of ebay thought it would be good to charge my solar battery bank ,it is a 2002 model was set to run on ngas but can also run propane when you change the fuel block over ,i have changed it to propane,i am hopeing someone on here has some experience with this system originally it was used to keep remote telephone systems online when mains power was out ,i have wired it as per the manual set the dip switches the way i think they should be ,when i set to run it cranks for a few seconds then i get warning lights ,before cranking i have solid minor red solid minor amber then flashing green system light when i crank i have solid red major fault ,there is no gas reaching the kohler engine the gas solinode is not opening due to the faults .Unless someone has some experience with these this will not make much sense i have check voltages ect twice the only thing that i cannot work out is in the manual it says when you change to propane you connect the low fuel pressor sensr ,i see no sensor just the connector any thoughts thank you all for your help

The Alphas are nice generators but - they are 48V generators, and I don't think they have enough voltage to recharge a 48V bank.
    The fault is likely Low Oil pressure. I have a generator with a bad oil sensor. and have to run it with the wire disconnected.
    Powerfab top of pole PV mount (2) | Listeroid 6/1 w/st5 gen head | XW6048 inverter/chgr | Iota 48V/15A charger | Morningstar 60A MPPT | 48V, 800A NiFe Battery (in series)| 15, Evergreen 205w "12V" PV array on pole | Midnight ePanel | Grundfos 10 SO5-9 with 3 wire Franklin Electric motor (1/2hp 240V 1ph ) on a timer for 3 hr noontime run - Runs off PV ||
    || Midnight Classic 200 | 10, Evergreen 200w in a 160VOC array ||
    || VEC1093 12V Charger | Maha C401 aa/aaa Charger | SureSine | Sunsaver MPPT 15A

solar: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Solar
    gen: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Lister

Comment

Hi thanks mike i have 8kw of solar panals the alpha is going i hope to just help out on cloudy days i live in the bahamas so most days they make 20/35kw my battery bank is the weak point ,i will look at the oil pressure this gen has only 9 recorded hours not sure if that is good or bad though i will let you know if it works

Comment

Ok i have the set working there are a few safety devices ,a pad shear sensor water intrusion sensor the wiring was slightly corroded i fixed these charged the starter battery and reset the ecm the set then started showed no faults , i will test the actual gen output tommorow

Comment

All working ok i tested the gen by disconecting the DC sence wire the gen came on and started charging ,so i will see how we go throught the summer when we run ac through the night works the batterys hard

Comment

Working...
          X