No announcement yet.

Production dips at mid-day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow! All this technology and speculation. On sunny Sunday noon......just go outside and look up.....any shade?

Comment

Originally posted by DanS26 View Post
      Wow! All this technology and speculation. On sunny Sunday noon......just go outside and look up.....any shade?
      Yea, we covered that a few days ago.

Comment

All you have to do is hit the play back button in the solaredge view and yu will see the wattage dim on the array through the past day or week.
        OutBack FP1 w/ CS6P-250P http://bit.ly/1Sg5VNH

Comment

Originally posted by ButchDeal View Post
          All you have to do is hit the play back button in the solaredge view and yu will see the wattage dim on the array through the past day or week.
          I'm sorry but I don't see a playback button on the iphone app or the browser monitoring site. I hope it's not too obvious. I have used the scientific method of going out and looking up to observe that it is shading. Unfortunately, my HOA and the City are in a legal tussle about replacement of these tall sycamore trees and there's nothing I can do until that is settled.

Comment

Originally posted by rmk9785e View Post

I'm sorry but I don't see a playback button on the iphone app or the browser monitoring site. I hope it's not too obvious.
            It is only on the web not the app. It is only available in daily and weekly view on layout.
            Yo u might no have full access.
            OutBack FP1 w/ CS6P-250P http://bit.ly/1Sg5VNH

Comment

Originally posted by bcroe View Post
              Shading happens, but it should be obvious. A narrow streak can knock out a lot of panels.

Are you running micro inverters? If so, high line voltage could cause some of them to trip
              out as production tries to rise, sort of a self limiting thing. This should be easy to check as well.
              Bruce Roe
              How would one check this, and can it be fixed? I’m having the same issue.

Comment

A multimeter works. A data logger is better. If you complain enough the utility has recording power meters that they grudgingly can install. By law they need to maintain a certain range of voltage and in some cases local conditions on their grid can raise havoc on the voltage. Capacitor banks and local generation can cause it. Frequently they really do not want to deal with it and you may need to contact you state PUC to encourage them (or at least hold out that option). String Inverters usually can have their voltage range widened by using a factory password but my guess is microinverters are fixed.

Before you do it definitely rule out shading.

Comment

It’s def not shading, and during that 1.5 hour time frame when I playback the video the panels blackout in no particular order (as if powering down randomly), and then come back to working order. It’s bizarre. I have a work order in, who knows when they will get to me. I just wanted to learn as much as I can about what it could possibly be. Thank you for your input!

Comment

Originally posted by Flashola View Post

How would one check this, and can it be fixed? I’m having the same issue.
                    First check for high line voltage at your box, and note if it rises much as inverters
                    ramp up. Next measure it where the inverters plug in, it will be higher when they
                    come on. Find out the length, wire gauge, and conducted current from the micro
                    inverters to the feed to your box. Look up wire resistance per foot and use ohms
                    law to calculate what voltage rise is generated in the loop. My loop was originally
                    generating 9V added to the line voltage. Summer 2020 I fixed that and gained 77%
                    better wire efficiency by replacing 4 gauge copper with 4/0 aluminum. Bruce Roe

Comment

Working...
                    X