• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Marmite
    • Aug 2017

Modern Fridge working on Inverter with power save mode

Hi All,
    Greetings from Southern Greece.
    After our 20yr old fridge freezer finally said enough is enough we have replaced it with a Siemens very efficient new one. The only thing is it doesn`t get the inverter out of p/save mode. Any ideas out there. I have tried to wire in a 4ow bulb in the supply line to the fridge but it doesn`t work. Having read about these new fridge freezers it sounds like they search for power before switching on. The inverter on all the time uses quite a bit of power as its cooling fans run all the time irrespective of amount of load when not in p/save mode.
  • Mike90250
    • May 2009

The new high efficiency fridges, are all filled with low wattage electronics, and the electronics don't like the inverter search mode. The search pulse is too short for the electronics to wake up and turn on the fridge.
    Normally, the cooling fan in the inverter only runs when it's under a moderate load, if on all the time, there may be a problem with the inverter
    Powerfab top of pole PV mount (2) | Listeroid 6/1 w/st5 gen head | XW6048 inverter/chgr | Iota 48V/15A charger | Morningstar 60A MPPT | 48V, 800A NiFe Battery (in series)| 15, Evergreen 205w "12V" PV array on pole | Midnight ePanel | Grundfos 10 SO5-9 with 3 wire Franklin Electric motor (1/2hp 240V 1ph ) on a timer for 3 hr noontime run - Runs off PV ||
    || Midnight Classic 200 | 10, Evergreen 200w in a 160VOC array ||
    || VEC1093 12V Charger | Maha C401 aa/aaa Charger | SureSine | Sunsaver MPPT 15A

solar: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Solar
    gen: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Lister

Comment

• Marmite
      • Aug 2017

Hi Mike,
      Many thanks for your reply.
      Unfortunately the inverter is suppose to run the cooling fans all the time it is a pity and I have thought about getting someone to install a temperature operated switch for the fans but its not easy.
      I am sure someone will come up with a `fix` sometime as it will effect many people as more and more modern fridges are being used.
      Regards
      John

Comment

Working...