X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • littleharbor
    Solar Fanatic
    • Jan 2016

Is it just me?

Not sure if its just my computer or a glitch with the forum. Just recently whenever I'm inactive here on the forum for, say 20 minutes or so and I click back onto the tab with the forum running I am not logged in and have to log back in. I wouldn't be surprised if is my computer as this started just after an update. I just wanted to ask if this is happening to anybody else?
    2.2kw Suntech mono, Classic 200, NEW Trace SW4024
  • Sunking
    Solar Fanatic
    • Feb 2010

It is normal. VB Forum Software has an inactivity timer built in the Admin has control over. If you are Inactive for say 15 minutes, you are auto logged off. Just part of security. Think about it, you logged into your bank account, your millennial friend calls on the cell phone to ask you if you seen some mindless video on Jack Ass, and you leave your computer. An hour later I come by and help myself to your account.
    MSEE, PE

Comment

• Mike90250
      • May 2009

That was happening to me a LOT. and deleting all the solarpaneltalk.com cookies and logging on, cured it..
      Powerfab top of pole PV mount (2) | Listeroid 6/1 w/st5 gen head | XW6048 inverter/chgr | Iota 48V/15A charger | Morningstar 60A MPPT | 48V, 800A NiFe Battery (in series)| 15, Evergreen 205w "12V" PV array on pole | Midnight ePanel | Grundfos 10 SO5-9 with 3 wire Franklin Electric motor (1/2hp 240V 1ph ) on a timer for 3 hr noontime run - Runs off PV ||
      || Midnight Classic 200 | 10, Evergreen 200w in a 160VOC array ||
      || VEC1093 12V Charger | Maha C401 aa/aaa Charger | SureSine | Sunsaver MPPT 15A

solar: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Solar
      gen: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Lister

Comment

• littleharbor
        Solar Fanatic
        • Jan 2016

Originally posted by Mike90250
        That was happening to me a LOT. and deleting all the solarpaneltalk.com cookies and logging on, cured it..
        Thanks Mike, I'll try that.
        Sunking, That makes sense but it sure seems to happen quickly and just started.
        2.2kw Suntech mono, Classic 200, NEW Trace SW4024

Comment

Working...