Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Botat34691
    • May 2017

Can you use a inverter with a solar generator

I was curious. I have a 28ft cubic refrigerator only 2 years old, samsung. Running watts is 120 to 140 idle is 2 to 3 watts. I recently purchased a Suaoki 400 battery solar generator that can handle 300 watts continuous and 600 watts peak. Now I have heard refrigerators use a peak surge on the motor and compressor starting. So one I am trying to figure out what the peak for my fridge is, samsung was no help. 2 I was curious if I am able to get a say 1200 inverter and use the DC output from my Suaoki and hook that up to the inverter and then the fridge to the inverter. Main reason I ask is my little Suaoki can handle 120 watts solar input at 10amps. It has a limiter built in. So I can have 2 100 watt panels hooked up and not worry. It also has pass through tech like the yeti so I can solar charge and use at the same time. Any help would be great.
  • Sunking
    Solar Fanatic
    • Feb 2010

You are wasting your time. Your Fridge uses roughly 1 Kwh of energy per day, and that little battery you have will not run it more than a half a day. Additionally depending on where you live would take 300 to 800 watts solar system that would fry those batteries. You are SOL.

To be of any use would take roughly 4 6-Volt Golf Cart batteries to run your fridge for 1 day, 4 to be really useful and does not take solar to do that if you are thinking emergency power.
    MSEE, PE

Comment

Working...