Have solar, should I get an Electric Dryer or stay with Gas?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lowcostnrg
    • Nov 2016

Natural gas prices are mo joke. SCE is Tiered. Your solar was sized for the home without Electric dryer so the kwh would come back on the SCE side. Will still keep you in Tier 1 and still be cheaper than natural gas. Would just be a pain to retrofit. This will affect your true up bill.

Comment

• doboy01
      • Aug 2016

Thanks guys...just stuck with gas and dropped money at Costco for a new washer/dryer combo ....the newer washer/dryer is a lot more efficient than my 10 year old ones

a bit off topic, but for the family man, Costco now has 2 years extended warranty on Electronics and Appliances AND, if you use the Costco Citi Card, it extends it to another 2 years bringing it to 4 years of warranty. I just found out yesterday and was excited since I'm reading a lot of reviews on the new fancy washer/dryers where the electronic boards would go out after a few years of use

Comment

• bcroe
        bcroe commented
        Editing a comment
        That new fangled electronic stuff is so high tech, service will be very expensive, and in a few years the
        parts won't be available at all. Some people may pretty much wear them out by that point, but mine are
        only occasionally used. I'm keeping my old stuff as long as possible. Bruce Roe
    Working...