Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dijsil
    • Sep 2016

Which panel system to choose

I am interested in getting an on grid solar panel system for my house in Malta. We have temperatures in winter rarely goes down below 10 degrees and go up in summer to over 40 degrees with uv hitting 10 on most days in summer. I am willing to install the system myself then get someone over to inspect the installation and certify it.

I was looking to get maximum possible for a 1 phase supply maybe a 4kw system?
    Any Suggestions where to buy such systems ideally from Europe to avoid having to pay customs.

ideally not more than 16 panels
    Invertor must connect to network for monitoring from mobile phone and must have so that if a panel is in shade not all panels are effected.

thanks in advance.
    Last edited by dijsil; 09-20-2016, 10:18 AM.
  • bcroe
    Solar Fanatic
    • Jan 2012

Originally posted by dijsil
    I am interested in getting an on grid solar panel system for my house in Malta. We have temperatures in winter rarely goes down below 10 degrees and go up in summer to over 40 degrees with uv hitting 10 on most days in summer. I am willing to install the system myself then get someone over to inspect the installation and certify it.

I was looking to get maximum possible for a 1 phase supply maybe a 4kw system?
    Any Suggestions where to buy such systems ideally from Europe to avoid having to pay customs.

ideally not more than 16 panels
    Invertor must connect to network for monitoring from mobile phone and must have so that if a panel is in shade not all panels are effected.
    Malta, a very brave and important place to the whole world in recent history. Does your PoCo have provisions for
    grid tie systems? If so, I would ask how that smaller scale power system does on frequency stability. Grid tie
    inverters are extremely fussy about grid conditions including voltage, impedance, and frequency. A smaller diesel
    plant might have difficulty with those standards. Bruce Roe

Comment

• dijsil
      • Sep 2016

not sure what poco is but it is possible to have grid tie systems, most suppliers have sma and growatt invertors for sale.

Comment

• solar pete
        Administrator
        • May 2014

Howdy dijsil and Welcome to Solar Panel Talk, poco stands for Power Company (the guys who run the grid in your area, SMA is top of the line equipment, Growatt is cheap crap, well they certainly used to be.

Comment

Working...