Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any use/know about MCE clean energy utility in Nor Cal? alternative to PG&E?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any use/know about MCE clean energy utility in Nor Cal? alternative to PG&E?

MCE is a local community utility (community choice aggregator) offering different rate plans in several Bay Area cities -- but PGE still sends the bills and runs the grid. My city just signed on with them and everyone gets signed up unless you specifically opt out. I am not sure how this group works but wanted to know if others have signed on. For solar rooftop customers they claim to credit extra .01 per kwh, which doesn't sound like much. Bills come monthly however, unlike PGE's yearly trueup. Their rates claim to be lower for TOU plans. 15.7 vs 18.1 cents per kwh during summer peak. Link here: https://www.mcecleanenergy.org/solar-customers/

I don't know anything about this company other than several North/East Bay cities have signed on with them as an option and they've been around since 2008 or so. I have had panels since 2/2016 and plan to delay any change until at least 1 year for PGE's true up in 2/2017. Any advice/comments appreciated. They supposedly dropped their rates recently but I wonder how volatile their pricing is.

---Mod Note: :Posts containing links often have to be approved by Mods before they appear to all users. Please do not keep reposting hoping the post will show up.
    Last edited by inetdog; 09-12-2016, 07:39 PM.

Anyone use MCE ? they are expanding into many east bay cities this year.

Comment

Working...
    X