X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • eryeal
    • Jun 2016

SolarEdge inverter fault in morning - no error codes

Hello!

We recently had our solar installed a little over 2 months ago. No issues until about 2 weeks ago, when the inverter was off in the morning with the Fault light solid red, no display. Cycled the power and it went through it's normal bootup and came on. Then the exact same thing has happened 2 more times since. All 3 times it is in the morning, and must happen at start-up since there is no power generated at all when this happens. There are no error codes logged - our installer talked to SolarEdge and they see nothing logged on their end either, so it's a bit of a mystery.

Curious if anyone else has had a similar issue and what the cause may be?

Thanks!
  • SunEagle
    Super Moderator
    • Oct 2012

It could be any number of things. It could be something on the Grid side that is changing causing the solaredge inverter to fault out or maybe something on the DC side that is causing an over voltage on the input to cause the fault.

The strange thing is that either type of fault should be captured by the inverter in a log, unless when you reboot it the system clears out all the errors and faults so that nothing remains to be found.

Comment

• eryeal
      • Jun 2016

Originally posted by SunEagle
      It could be any number of things. It could be something on the Grid side that is changing causing the solaredge inverter to fault out or maybe something on the DC side that is causing an over voltage on the input to cause the fault.

The strange thing is that either type of fault should be captured by the inverter in a log, unless when you reboot it the system clears out all the errors and faults so that nothing remains to be found.
      Yeah the problem is not having anything in the error log, which leaves you very much in the dark. To my knowledge errors shouldn't be cleared out with a reboot, though? Kind of defeats the purpose of the error log.

Comment

• SunEagle
        Super Moderator
        • Oct 2012

Originally posted by eryeal

Yeah the problem is not having anything in the error log, which leaves you very much in the dark. To my knowledge errors shouldn't be cleared out with a reboot, though? Kind of defeats the purpose of the error log.
        Sometimes the "default" setting for some electronics would be to "clear out" or "reset" all counters and fault codes on reboot. That is usually a decision made when setting up for the first time.

Comment

• Stino
          • Sep 2017

Hi!
          I have exactly the same problem. Every morning all 3 light are on (since 4 days). If I switch power on and of it works again.
          How was your problem solved? I'm in contact with service center, but no feedback yet.

Regards

Comment

• eryeal
            • Jun 2016

Originally posted by Stino
            Hi!
            I have exactly the same problem. Every morning all 3 light are on (since 4 days). If I switch power on and of it works again.
            How was your problem solved? I'm in contact with service center, but no feedback yet.

Regards
            Hello,

Had the internal board replaced under warranty - problem didn't come back after that.

Comment

Working...