Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Solar Panels Survey

Hi all,

I'm a school student who is working on a school project and I need some information from general consumers of solar panels. The information you can provide me will be very helpful for my work. If you are not able to answer all questions it is ok, but I need 5 full responses to complete my survey.

What type of Solar Panels do you have?

How many solar Panels do you have?

Approximately how much did your solar panel setup (including inverters) cost?

What inverter do you have? What is the capacity?

What is the output on the solar panels?

What government regulations do you have to follow?

Do you provide energy to the grid? If so, how much energy do you provide and what do you get in return?

Do you have any future plans for your solar panel setup? E.g. upgrading your solar panels.

Do you store your power in cells or batteries?

How well does the solar panel setup perform for your conditions?

Does it reach your expectations?

Thanks,
    Sammy

Sampat 11: A suggestion meant in a respectful way and practical way: If either you or one or several of your fellow students would suggest that your instructor assign "Solar Panel; Talk" as a reading assignment, you'd all be able to use the same information that's appeared here over the last few days. You are the third student to appear here from what appears to be the same class. Not a knock, just sayin'.

Comment

Maybe we could have a student section of our SPT forum. it could attract all the students and mentors into a single group of threads and allow non-students to offer advise as well as participate as students when knowledge is needed.

Comment

Originally posted by Logan5 View Post
        Maybe we could have a student section of our SPT forum. it could attract all the students and mentors into a single group of threads and allow non-students to offer advise as well as participate as students when knowledge is needed.
        I'd sure support some form of that idea.

Comment

Ouch. More work for the MODS to keep out the bad info from some of our funny members with such bright DIY ideas.

Just kidding.

I also think helping out the student learn more about solar technology is a good idea. But again how they ask the questions and what questions they ask will get them different and sometimes useless information.

Comment

• Logan5
            Logan5 commented
            Editing a comment
            would be a great sections for all the basics stickys and a nice "links" thread for exploring the factual information available on SPT. easy reference point for any "Student" and or DIY's

The questions don't seem specific to grid tied systems, but don't differentiate between on and off grid either, or whether or not batteries are involved, so the data they accumulate might be screwy.

Comment

Originally posted by sdold View Post
            The questions don't seem specific to grid tied systems, but don't differentiate between on and off grid either, or whether or not batteries are involved, so the data they accumulate might be screwy.
            Exactly. While I would be happy to provide answers to their questions, what they ask and how we interpret can lead to the wrong answer.

Comment

I am sorry that some of you have to repeat a similar survey over and over again. Originally, our teacher wanted us to go out and interview random people about solar panels. Since we all found this absurd (and potentially dangerous), we decided to post online on forums. The issue was that this is the best forum for this topic, and the responses provided by other forums were not viable. I reckon the idea of having an education section is good. Also, I am still in need of the information as the work is due in a couple of days. If anyone is still willing in providing information, please do so as I would be very grateful.

Thanks
              Sammy

Comment

Working...
              X