X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • aniahm
    • Aug 2016

lar Farm building

Hello everyone,

I am a new member here and decided to join so I can learn some more things about solar systems. Currently I am the manager of an Albanian company that offers Import products to the Albanian market. We might have to build a solar farm soon so I wanted to do a little research beforehand.

On my calculations, I am using as panels the solar panels from Waris which provide 250w in maximum efficiency. One row of the solar farm is estimated to have 30 solar panels. The whole farm should have 70 rows. I would get a maximum of 525kwh from the whole farm in maximum efficiency.

I am currently stuck at the inverter choosing. I believe I would need 1 inverter for each row but I have been searching the net for around 2 hours and haven't found any. Can I even use 1 inverter for each row or should I use 2 for each row? Each row should produce 7.5kwh at peak efficiency so I would need a pretty big inverter I guess.

The solar panel I am thinking of using has the following specifications:

Peak power(Wp) 250 W -0/+5W (positive tolerance only)
    Short circuit current (Isc) 9,01 A
    Open circuit voltage (Voc)Volts 37,62 V
    Voltage at maximum power point (Vmp) 29,89 V
    Current at maximum power (Imp) 8,36 A
    Module efficiency 15,36%
    NOCT (Nominal operating cell temperature) 43°C +/-2
    Voltage variation with temperature (ß) -0,32 %/°C
    Temperature operating and maintaining da -40 a +85 °C
    Maximum system voltage Volts 1000
    This is the first solar farm that will be built in Albania.

I am really grateful for your help!

Best regards,
    Ani Ahmetaj
    Last edited by aniahm; 08-07-2016, 09:33 AM.
  • Mike90250
    • May 2009

Welcome. A solar farm is a pretty big project. You have to get tie-in agreements with the utility company in the area, and you may be required to install a high voltage transmission line to the nearest substation. An on-site Solar-Electric Engineer is likely to be a requirement.
    So, inverters. There are small 3Kw inverters and large 30Kw 3-phase inverters, so the Solar-Electric Engineer you hire is going to be the person that makes those choices for you. Inverters have several other ratings besides the simple Kw spec. They have minimum voltage and maximum voltage too,
    This farm will also need power transmission cables inside and control panels and breaker panels
    Powerfab top of pole PV mount (2) | Listeroid 6/1 w/st5 gen head | XW6048 inverter/chgr | Iota 48V/15A charger | Morningstar 60A MPPT | 48V, 800A NiFe Battery (in series)| 15, Evergreen 205w "12V" PV array on pole | Midnight ePanel | Grundfos 10 SO5-9 with 3 wire Franklin Electric motor (1/2hp 240V 1ph ) on a timer for 3 hr noontime run - Runs off PV ||
    || Midnight Classic 200 | 10, Evergreen 200w in a 160VOC array ||
    || VEC1093 12V Charger | Maha C401 aa/aaa Charger | SureSine | Sunsaver MPPT 15A

solar: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Solar
    gen: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Lister

Comment

• vasily888000
      • Aug 2016

Dear Sir/Madam,

Good day!

Liaoning ZhongWang Group Co., Ltd is the largest aluminum extruder in Asia and the second largest in the world .Company ZhongWang has been offering extruded aluminum profiles for over 21 years. Clients from different parts of the world are a great testimony to our products and services.

ZhongWang offers good quality items at reasonable prices ,we got certifications of ISO9001/ISO14001/AAMA/EN573/EN755/EN15085/TS16949/AS9100.Boeing.Alstom and Bombardier are our customers.

ZhongWang offers different surface of treatments such as anodizing, powder coating, electrophoresis etc .We got presses range from 5MN to 125MN.

We are seeking for an opportunity to show you what we can do for your good company ,please contact us for any further information.

Comment

• emartin00
        Solar Fanatic
        • Aug 2013

You can certainly do 1 inverter per row. It would only be 7500W per row, which is a decent size residential array.
        You would be much better suited going with a commercial or utility scale inverter. These come in much larger sizes, so you could have multiple rows per inverter.
        Look into Solectria, they are a leader in large inverters.

Comment

Working...