X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • J.P.M.
    Solar Fanatic
    • Aug 2013

Originally posted by DanKegel
    Sigh. I had hoped you'd be interested in a civil conversation. I guess that's not your forte.
    Being on the ignorant side of conversations more than I'd like, I take some small measure of pride in my ability to suffer fools without resorting to enabling behavior, as I do my politeness in the face of ignorant, entitled, juvenile attitudes.

Folks who communicate their opinions like SK seem to have a different way of expressing themselves. I can do that way as well if it helps you understand things in a more clear way.

That you don't, in my mind anyway, seem to have the ability to differentiate between straight talk meant in a constructive way that is directed at opinions and attitudes, which straight talk you, for some reason find disagreeable, and so interpret as rancorous personal abuse is something I can do nothing about.

Not everyone who says what you don't like is out to abuse you, nor are they necessarily your enemy.

A respectful suggestion: You once wrote that you wouldn't bet against me knowing what I'm talking about (probably on technical issues), but the price was high, or words to that effect. Consider the straight talk the price you were referring to.

The last word is again yours. I'm done with this thread.

Comment

• DanKegel
      Banned
      • Sep 2014

Originally posted by J.P.M.
      straight talk meant in a constructive way
      It is possible that you're trying to be constructive, but pro tip: using words like 'spoor' or 'mental masturbation' is not a hallmark of civil, constructive conversation.

Comment

• Mike90250
        • May 2009

Dan, quit poking people. many people have told you in many ways, that this is currently unrealistic. Ash can stick to vertical surfaces via static charges (what makes the lightning during an eruption - static charges in the ash cloud) it can settle, and it's going to be floating around for weeks, and being freshly stirred up from the ground.

It did bring up the point that solar PV will drop for some time after an eruption. Wind generators may also be shut down to prevent the blades from being damaged by abrasive ash.

This topic did devolve into mental masturbation - if you are disturbed by this, look up the meaning of the phrase, it is totally non-sexual.

Powerfab top of pole PV mount (2) | Listeroid 6/1 w/st5 gen head | XW6048 inverter/chgr | Iota 48V/15A charger | Morningstar 60A MPPT | 48V, 800A NiFe Battery (in series)| 15, Evergreen 205w "12V" PV array on pole | Midnight ePanel | Grundfos 10 SO5-9 with 3 wire Franklin Electric motor (1/2hp 240V 1ph ) on a timer for 3 hr noontime run - Runs off PV ||
        || Midnight Classic 200 | 10, Evergreen 200w in a 160VOC array ||
        || VEC1093 12V Charger | Maha C401 aa/aaa Charger | SureSine | Sunsaver MPPT 15A

solar: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Solar
        gen: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Lister

Comment

Working...