X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • J.P.M.
    Solar Fanatic
    • Aug 2013

Originally posted by Sunking

Unfortunately the term "Amercan's" also fit your description.
    Which, unfortunately or not, I may well believe more than you, and one more reason why I'm in mourning for my country. But that's enough off topic for me. The last word is yours.

Comment

• veritass
      • Dec 2015

Originally posted by Sunking
      Thjat is what I said, Green Mafia, Tree Huggers, whatever you want to call idiots and morons. Green Mafia is a lot easier to say than "ill informed, non critically thinking repeaters of what fits a myopic, undereducated, view of reality" They do not understand all those words. ..

Unfortunately the term "Amercan's" also fit your description.

Someone with a masters from a state school is calling other people "idiots and morons". It's enough to make a cat laugh.

Comment

• J.P.M.
        Solar Fanatic
        • Aug 2013

Originally posted by veritass

Someone with a masters from a state school is calling other people "idiots and morons". It's enough to make a cat laugh.
        Guess I'm not quite done after all.

While not agreeing w/ Sunking's often verbal histrionics, to imply, as you seem to be doing above, that any formal higher education as it's recognized in the developed world is an indicator or arbiter of intelligence would also be laughable were it not so sad. Thanks for informing us of your myopic outlook on intelligence.

Comment

• veritass
          • Dec 2015

Originally posted by J.P.M.

Guess I'm not quite done after all.

While not agreeing w/ Sunking's often verbal histrionics, to imply, as you seem to be doing above, that any formal higher education as it's recognized in the developed world is an indicator or arbiter of intelligence would also be laughable were it not so sad. Thanks for informing us of your myopic outlook on intelligence.

Level of academic achievement is highly correlated with intelligence. It is amazing ignorant that you don't understand this simple fact, but I fear from the dullness of your posts that your education must have been significantly substandard. Furthermore, it is the height of hypocrisy for someone who attended a subsidized state school to be so vociferously against subsides. I have much more important things to do than argue with someone who is morally and/or intellectually lacking.

Comment

• J.P.M.
            Solar Fanatic
            • Aug 2013

I have much more important things to do than argue with someone who is morally and/or intellectually lacking.
            Me too. see ya'.

My apologies to the OP and the rest of the forum for wasting your time.

Comment

• Mike90250
              • May 2009

Veritass is on a short vacation (a time out)
              Powerfab top of pole PV mount (2) | Listeroid 6/1 w/st5 gen head | XW6048 inverter/chgr | Iota 48V/15A charger | Morningstar 60A MPPT | 48V, 800A NiFe Battery (in series)| 15, Evergreen 205w "12V" PV array on pole | Midnight ePanel | Grundfos 10 SO5-9 with 3 wire Franklin Electric motor (1/2hp 240V 1ph ) on a timer for 3 hr noontime run - Runs off PV ||
              || Midnight Classic 200 | 10, Evergreen 200w in a 160VOC array ||
              || VEC1093 12V Charger | Maha C401 aa/aaa Charger | SureSine | Sunsaver MPPT 15A

solar: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Solar
              gen: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Lister

Comment

• Sunking
                Solar Fanatic
                • Feb 2010

I am retired living the Dream in Panama and not a worry in the world. I get to hang around a while you are banned. Guess who is laughing at you?

MSEE, PE

Comment

• Living Large
                  Solar Fanatic
                  • Nov 2014

Level of academic achievement is highly correlated with intelligence. It is amazing ignorant that you don't understand this simple fact, but I fear from the dullness of your posts that your education must have been significantly substandard. Furthermore, it is the height of hypocrisy for someone who attended a subsidized state school to be so vociferously against subsides. I have much more important things to do than argue with someone who is morally and/or intellectually lacking.
                  Personally, I'm glad that you are so busy that you can't stick around and stink up the joint some more than you already have. There are many knowledgeable people here, and they don't waste time comparing each other's diplomas. Enjoy your hiatus.

Comment

• SunEagle
                    Super Moderator
                    • Oct 2012

At $1.5 an installed watt residential solar is competitive with grid electricity without subsides for the majority of Americans according to the DOE sunshot initiative. At $1 a watt utility solar becomes competitive with fossil fuels. Solar City's installed costs are already $1.92. Technology is amazing in general because it gets better and cheaper with time. The boon to civilization of cheap/fast processors has been huge. The boon to civilization of cheap solar energy will be very large, especially for poor people.
                    You continue to think in a narrow area and believe that if the cost for solar goes down to pennies per watt then people would be lining up to get it installed.

I would think that poor people would be more focused on spending the little money they have for food and shelter instead of a solar pv system. Cheap electric power does not motivate the majority of the poor people like you think because they have learned to live without the luxury of electric power on a 24/7 basis.

Even at $1.50/watt it would still take me over 5 years to get my money back. And while I would really like to have a solar pv installation that is not necessarily an investment that I would jump at before spending my money elsewhere. So cheap solar power may motivate some people but unless cheap electricity as a major priority in your life it will not be a boon to most civilization.
                    Last edited by SunEagle; 01-02-2016, 11:04 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Working...