Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SunPower X-Series Panels and SolarEdge Optimizers. Are they compatible????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SunPower X-Series Panels and SolarEdge Optimizers. Are they compatible????

I am going to be installing a solar system for my Father who just retired. I want to use SunPower's 345 Watt X-series and combine those with SolarEdge optimizers connected to a central inverter. The problem is, I can't find any reliable information regarding the feasibility of this combination. Has anybody installed using this combo before???

Originally posted by SunnyStud View Post
    I am going to be installing a solar system for my Father who just retired. I want to use SunPower's 345 Watt X-series and combine those with SolarEdge optimizers connected to a central inverter. The problem is, I can't find any reliable information regarding the feasibility of this combination. Has anybody installed using this combo before???

Hello SunnyStud and welcome to Solar Panel Talk, if your going to DIY and you are not an electrician you had better get one. You need to find out about local codes and rules, you will want to contact your POCO and city to find out about what you have to do, some counties will and some wont allow a DIY solar system. Good luck with it

Comment

Why do you want to use Sunpower ?

Comment

I've worked in solar for years. I've installed over 30 systems myself as a volunteer with ONGRID but I've never done so using Optimizers. Yes, I do know a good electrician and I will be getting help from a pro in regards to installation. I like Sunpower because of the efficiency and I am able to procure the x-series panels for about $1.04/Watt which is a total steal (I have connections.)

The problem is there is some shading and I feel optimizers are a good fit. I don't want to use Micro-inverters. Has anybody had REAL EXPERIENCE with this combination??

Comment

I called Sunpower but got dicked around with by a sales person who didn't know jack about the technical side of solar. I'm just looking for a simple answer, can the SolarEdge Optimizers support the 345 Watt Sunpower X-Series????

Comment

I called Sunpower but got dicked around with by a sales person who didn't know jack about the technical side of solar. I'm just looking for a simple answer, can the SolarEdge Optimizers support the 345 Watt Sunpower X-Series????
            Sorry mate I just dont know, we have never used them here, you will probably get a local who has used them to chime in at some stage, good luck with it

Comment

The SolarEdge data sheets are very clear about the electrical requirements for the panels to be compatible with the optimizers. Why do you think it won't work? The P500 is a good fit to those panels.

Edit: It isn't clear from your posts, but hopefully you understand that SolarEdge optimizers must be used with a SolarEdge inverter. The system will not function with a string inverter from a different company.
              CS6P-260P/SE3000 - http://tiny.cc/ed5ozx

Comment

Working...
              X