best energy saving mini fridge ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• best energy saving mini fridge ?

hey guys this is my story i have used about 2 mini fridges since i moved to my new house everything was perfect till me and my husband decided to go out
    in a pecnic and then we decided to buy a /best10for.com/technology/electronics/10-best-mini-fridges-for-this-summer/ good mini fridge to take with us outside in order to keep our drinks and food cold so i have been wondering
    which one is ] according to your experience putting in mind these features
    Automatic defrosting
    A power failure warning that alerts the user by flashing a temperature display. It may display the maximum temperature reached during the power failure, and whether frozen food has defrosted or may contain harmful bacteria.
    Chilled water and ice from a dispenser in the door.
    Adjustable shelves and trays
    A status indicator that notifies when it is time to change the water filter
    . It is also removable, and helps to prevent ice-maker clogging.
    A cooling zone in the refrigerator door shelves. Air from the freezer section is diverted to the refrigerator door, to cool milk or juice stored in the door shelf.
    A drop down door built into the refrigerator main door, giving easy access to frequently used items such as milk, thus saving energy by not having to open the main door.
    Last edited by Mike90250; 10-15-2015, 02:44 PM. Reason: reveal covert links & un-link them

Originally posted by maddybella View Post
    hey guys this is my story i have used about 2 mini fridges since i moved to my new house everything was perfect till me and my husband decided to go out
    in a pecnic and then we decided to buy a good mini fridge to take with us outside in order to keep our drinks and food cold so i have been wondering
    which one is best mini fridge according to your experience putting in mind these features
    Automatic defrosting
    A power failure warning that alerts the user by flashing a temperature display. It may display the maximum temperature reached during the power failure, and whether frozen food has defrosted or may contain harmful bacteria.
    Chilled water and ice from a dispenser in the door.
    Adjustable shelves and trays
    A status indicator that notifies when it is time to change the water filter
    . It is also removable, and helps to prevent ice-maker clogging.
    A cooling zone in the refrigerator door shelves. Air from the freezer section is diverted to the refrigerator door, to cool milk or juice stored in the door shelf.
    A drop down door built into the refrigerator main door, giving easy access to frequently used items such as milk, thus saving energy by not having to open the main door.
    I believe you have a conflict. I seriously doubt you will find a "min fridge" that has all of the items listed. Even full size refrigerators do not come with all those bells and whistles. They are usually found on the high end and expensive type fridges.

Oh, by the way welcome to Solar Panel Talk.

Also pretty neat how you imbedded the link to that fridge site. If this wasn't a General Discussion thread I would have deleted those links and given you a vacation.
    Last edited by SunEagle; 10-15-2015, 09:03 AM. Reason: added last sentence.

Comment

actually, the links are now made un-clickable, as that adds karma points to the referred page, for 1/100 cent cash payment to the OP when enough links are posted. We are here to share info, not to boost your ad sales.
      SunEagle - you have some muscle now, you can use it.
      Powerfab top of pole PV mount (2) | Listeroid 6/1 w/st5 gen head | XW6048 inverter/chgr | Iota 48V/15A charger | Morningstar 60A MPPT | 48V, 800A NiFe Battery (in series)| 15, Evergreen 205w "12V" PV array on pole | Midnight ePanel | Grundfos 10 SO5-9 with 3 wire Franklin Electric motor (1/2hp 240V 1ph ) on a timer for 3 hr noontime run - Runs off PV ||
      || Midnight Classic 200 | 10, Evergreen 200w in a 160VOC array ||
      || VEC1093 12V Charger | Maha C401 aa/aaa Charger | SureSine | Sunsaver MPPT 15A

solar: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Solar
      gen: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Lister

Comment

Originally posted by Mike90250 View Post
        actually, the links are now made un-clickable, as that adds karma points to the referred page, for 1/100 cent cash payment to the OP when enough links are posted. We are here to share info, not to boost your ad sales.
        SunEagle - you have some muscle now, you can use it.
        I forgot about the "karma points" and just thought it was ok to have those links in a general discussion thread.

I will make sure I disable all future links. Thanks

Comment

Not all links need to be disabled, just the sleazy ones folks try to sneak in some advertising with. Links that are useful:
          smartguage
          wire tables
          links to Mfg's (not vendors that would compete with our Forum sponsors)
          Powerfab top of pole PV mount (2) | Listeroid 6/1 w/st5 gen head | XW6048 inverter/chgr | Iota 48V/15A charger | Morningstar 60A MPPT | 48V, 800A NiFe Battery (in series)| 15, Evergreen 205w "12V" PV array on pole | Midnight ePanel | Grundfos 10 SO5-9 with 3 wire Franklin Electric motor (1/2hp 240V 1ph ) on a timer for 3 hr noontime run - Runs off PV ||
          || Midnight Classic 200 | 10, Evergreen 200w in a 160VOC array ||
          || VEC1093 12V Charger | Maha C401 aa/aaa Charger | SureSine | Sunsaver MPPT 15A

solar: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Solar
          gen: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Lister

Comment

I know several brands of "low energy" fridges and freezers These all have thicker insulation.The payback from decreased energy consumption may not be enough to offset their extra initial cost.I would agree that buying the refrigerator in the right amount in accordance with the needs of the family and way of life is always a reasonable step - with more modern energy-saving refrigerators that we have today - I'm not entirely sure that choosing a smaller refrigerator the best option in terms of saving money, especially if it usually has a freezer that tends to affect the overall operating cost more than the actual size, especially given that the holo unlocks - regardless of their size - with compartments for freezers usually use more electricity than without.
            Last edited by x3uay9; 01-30-2019, 08:00 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ButchDeal

You are posting in very old threads!
              And with lots of keywords, too!

Comment

I'm sorry, this is a sore subject, I couldn't resist

Comment

Working...
                X