X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • crxvfr
    Solar Fanatic
    • Jun 2010

I accidentally the whole pallet of solar panels

Well, I've been flirting with disaster at auctions sites and may have just found it. I bid on an auction I was sure more people would bid on, and nobody did. There was a little voice telling me to bid. He was saying you know you should buy panels from reputable companies (relatively speaking), and you know you should buy them all at once.! Well, ....it would seem I just myself bought a pallet of Solarex Millenia Amorphous panels. Do they call it Solarex because they are out of business? haha. BP on the other hand, we will wait and see.

With my existing panels, I guess I just joined the kilo club. So yeay. That is, after I get them all hooked up or if I don't turn around and re-sell them one at a time in craigslist or something. 800 pounds of unframed tempered glass panels and packing. I hope my little truck can handle it. I'll probably have to drive 11 hours, one way to get them. Fortunately they're not far from where I am originally from. 924 watts for 924 dollars.

Feel free to flame. I may fly by the seat of my pants but I still like to know what I'm getting myself into. I really don't care for amorphous but might be good cuz there's lots of trees around here. My first wow was how much space they'll take up. Over 2200 sq feet. They're kind of transparent so I think I might just put up posts and make a gazebo type thing. ...don't know.

Sorry so boring. ...posting my personal stuff and all. I'm just psyched to be going solar!
  • Mike90250
    • May 2009

Woot ! what a deal, after your transport cost's. Where do you have to drive to?
    Powerfab top of pole PV mount (2) | Listeroid 6/1 w/st5 gen head | XW6048 inverter/chgr | Iota 48V/15A charger | Morningstar 60A MPPT | 48V, 800A NiFe Battery (in series)| 15, Evergreen 205w "12V" PV array on pole | Midnight ePanel | Grundfos 10 SO5-9 with 3 wire Franklin Electric motor (1/2hp 240V 1ph ) on a timer for 3 hr noontime run - Runs off PV ||
    || Midnight Classic 200 | 10, Evergreen 200w in a 160VOC array ||
    || VEC1093 12V Charger | Maha C401 aa/aaa Charger | SureSine | Sunsaver MPPT 15A

solar: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Solar
    gen: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Lister

Comment

• crxvfr
      Solar Fanatic
      • Jun 2010

Originally posted by Mike90250
      Woot ! what a deal, after your transport cost's. Where do you have to drive to?
      NC to Cleveland Ohio.
      I didn't think I was going to win and nothing I planned.
      I'm figuring at least $285 by freight, or gas.
      I guess I'm turning this whole solar thing into an adventure.
      I'm thinking they are at least decent but really haven't discovered what I bought yet.
      BTW, HE has 1700 of them.

Comment

• inventor
        • Jul 2010

that does sound like quite an adventure indeed. i wish you the best of luck and that you have fun!

Comment

Working...