X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • crxvfr
    Solar Fanatic
    • Jun 2010

Moderated posts

The past two posts I have made have been flagged for approval by the moderator. Whats up with that? The last one was completely benign and the other was just a link to the Thomas Register Directory, which was never approved or posted. Whats going on?
  • Mike90250
    • May 2009

I can't always tell who is sending the mod request. I see one about a 10KW Coleman Air diversion load controller. Other than 10Kw for under $1,000 is so ludicrous, I don't know why it was flagged.
    Other posts (I don't remember who posted them) were flagged this last week, and I modified the post to make links in them non-clickable, but people can still cut and paste. Some seemed like they were just blatant ads to steer people to a un-vouched for referral agency. I think there were a couple I purged too.

Also, links to ebay auctions are not good, because in a month, the link goes bad, after the auction is over, and the whole point can get lost for a thread. Try to link to Mfg sites or established vendors when possible, and if an ebay link is needed, try to add enough text to make the post seem coherent in a month. (but don't replicate the entire ad.)
    Powerfab top of pole PV mount (2) | Listeroid 6/1 w/st5 gen head | XW6048 inverter/chgr | Iota 48V/15A charger | Morningstar 60A MPPT | 48V, 800A NiFe Battery (in series)| 15, Evergreen 205w "12V" PV array on pole | Midnight ePanel | Grundfos 10 SO5-9 with 3 wire Franklin Electric motor (1/2hp 240V 1ph ) on a timer for 3 hr noontime run - Runs off PV ||
    || Midnight Classic 200 | 10, Evergreen 200w in a 160VOC array ||
    || VEC1093 12V Charger | Maha C401 aa/aaa Charger | SureSine | Sunsaver MPPT 15A

solar: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Solar
    gen: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Lister

Comment

• crxvfr
      Solar Fanatic
      • Jun 2010

Originally posted by Mike90250
      I can't always tell who is sending the mod request. I see one about a 10KW Coleman Air diversion load controller. Other than 10Kw for under $1,000 is so ludicrous, I don't know why it was flagged.
      Other posts (I don't remember who posted them) were flagged this last week, and I modified the post to make links in them non-clickable, but people can still cut and paste. Some seemed like they were just blatant ads to steer people to a un-vouched for referral agency. I think there were a couple I purged too.

Also, links to ebay auctions are not good, because in a month, the link goes bad, after the auction is over, and the whole point can get lost for a thread. Try to link to Mfg sites or established vendors when possible, and if an ebay link is needed, try to add enough text to make the post seem coherent in a month. (but don't replicate the entire ad.)
      "Other than 10Kw for under $1,000 is so ludicrous" ...hahaha, thats what I was thinking.

The post to Thomas Register was never approved. That is a good resource for anybody.

As far as posts to ebay, that is to be expected, and by the time the links are bad, the post is old.

I have kind of made this place my solar home, but sometimes it doesn't seem like ideas or resources are welcome, as if there is a biased school of thought going on. It has made me entertain the idea of getting back into the forum business. ...not to be interpreted as a threat, ...sometimes in one stop I post enough that my username is plastered all over the board, and that leaves me feeling a little weird. It would be ok on my own forum. My day job is SEO and solar keywords are new enough that the market is still wide open. The only thing stopping me so far is the fact that I know nothing about it, but then, Jason doesn't seem to post much that way either. I have not been here for long enough to know the politics of the site and I really don't care about that stuff so long as information can be shared freely.

Comment

• crxvfr
        Solar Fanatic
        • Jun 2010

...and yes Mike, or Jason, feel free to delete this one once you read it. I considered sending a PM. Maybe next time I'll do that.

Comment

• Jason
          Administrator
          • Dec 2008

it's nothing personal or intentional from any mod. occasionally the vbulletin software spam filter will pick up on posts that contain links. it catches a lot of spammers, however, from time to time it will hold posts from real members. there was only one post held from you (that I just approved).

i'm glad to see you made this your solar home. I'm very grateful as it's members like yourself that keep this thing going.

Comment

• MarineLiner
            Solar Skipper
            • May 2009

As I post at "Creating Album",
            it happened also with Google last time.
            And what about the "database" ?
            I thought it because of too many visitors.

Comment

• crxvfr
              Solar Fanatic
              • Jun 2010

Originally posted by MarineLiner
              As I post at "Creating Album",
              it happened also with Google last time.
              And what about the "database" ?
              I thought it because of too many visitors.
              Hey ML,

At the bottom of index page is says most users online ever was 429 in March of 09.

Right now there are 4 or 5 signed in and 21 total including guests.

If it handled 429 at the same time, 21 shouldn't be a problem.

Lots of times I get signed out spontaneously too. That can happen anytime a db connection is broken.

I don't know what's going on but I can give you some insights since this is the kind of thing I do for a living (web dev).

Comment

• MarineLiner
                Solar Skipper
                • May 2009

We're glad when many visitors come.
                If many do searching then it can affect performance.

Comment

• crxvfr
                  Solar Fanatic
                  • Jun 2010

I'm starting to get the same kind of feeling like when somebody is reading your mail.

Maybe it's cuz I like to post links, I don't know but frequent moderator approved post not something I'm used to.

Comment

Working...