This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Create a Photo Album to show off your Solar Installation. [Tutorial]

In this tutorial I will show you how to create a photo album right here on Solar Panel Talk for you to show off your solar panel installation for everyone to see.

After you create your album, you can put a link to your album in your "signature" so whenever you make a post here on Solar Panel Talk, the link to your photo album will always show up without you having to post it.

Step 1:

After you are logged into SolarPanelTalk.com, click on the "User CP" button at the top of the page under the SolarPanelTalk logo.

Step 2:

Click on the "pictures & albums" link on the navigation menu in the left column.

Step 3:

Click the link that says, "Click here to add an album and start uploading pictures!"

Step 4:

Fill in the Title and description of your album, then click submit to continue. Upload your photos and copy the link to your album.

Step 5:

Go back to the "User CP" as described in Step 1.

Step 6:

Click on "Edit Signature"

Step 7:

Type in what you want your signature to say, then highlight the words that will link to your album.

Step 8:

Then paste your link to your album in this box that pops up and and click "ok"

Step 9:

Click the "Save signature" button

Finished.
    Now make a new thread to let us know you have your pictures up!

If you have any questions or problems, don't hesitate to post in this thread and I'll get it fixed for you.

Give it a try

I think i should give it a try..
    [url]http://www.theadvancedgroup.co.uk[/url]

Comment

Thanks for the tutorial. It is nice and practical.

Comment

Again a wasted reply. The Jason who posted this is dead. You are talking to ghost.
        MSEE, PE

Comment

Originally posted by Sunking View Post
          Again a wasted reply. The Jason who posted this is dead. You are talking to ghost.
          Extremely sorry about that.

Comment

This is awesome. I think I should try to do the installation myself, but I keep getting advised to hire professionals. What real hardships I can meet along the way. It took me a while before I chose a right Solar Panels Company so I'd really like to install my panels ASAP. Thanx in advance!
            Last edited by solar pete; 03-17-2015, 02:35 PM. Reason: no links for newbies

Comment

I've loaded pictures into an album twice, each time it says awaiting approval. The next day it goes back to blank with no pictures in there. What's up?
              Jeff, BSEE, 22.3KW, 45-240W w/M190, 46-260W w/M250

Comment

Hi JFinch57 I think that feature has been disabled. We have issues with chewing up huge band width and it costs a fortune, so we are not doing it anymore, cheers

Comment

Originally posted by solar pete View Post
                  Hi JFinch57 I think that feature has been disabled. We have issues with chewing up huge band width and it costs a fortune, so we are not doing it anymore, cheers
                  Pete.

My suggestion is to close this thread with a disclaimer stating that the Photo Album attachment function is no longer available.

Comment

Disabled

No longer in use

Comment

Originally posted by mcarney52 View Post
                      No longer in use
                      I strongly suggest that anyone who would like to share large photo albums with other members look at hosting the photos on a separate site such as Photobucket and just putting a link to the album into a Forum post. Make sure that the album is flagged as public so that it can be viewed without having to log in. Remember that what you see in terms of access is not necessarily what others will see.
                      SunnyBoy 3000 US, 18 BP Solar 175B panels.

Comment

Working...
                      X