X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PressReleaseVid
    • May 2013

Solar Panel Video

Hey guys,

I just produced a video about how solar panels work and what they are made from. I'd love to get some feedback — I'm relatively new to Solar, so the whole thing was a learning experience for me.

Cheers...

Devon
  • inetdog
    Super Moderator
    • May 2012

Originally posted by PressReleaseVid
    Hey guys,
    I just produced a video about how solar panels work and what they are made from. I'd love to get some feedback — I'm relatively new to Solar, so the whole thing was a learning experience for me.
    I liked it. The video and audio were great. From the point of view of somebody who understood it all already I liked it, but I can't evaluate how well it would reach a newbie.
    There were no factual errors.

The only thing that grated a little bit was that it was adamant about Silicon and Silver, which is the majority of consumer cells/panels, but the graphic on Efficiency and muliti-layer cells showed Indium/Gallium and Germanium based cells. No silicon in them at all. The reality is that that technology is still expensive enough that the average person will be better off just getting more silicon panels for lower cost instead of getting the same energy from fewer, smaller, more expensive panels.
    SunnyBoy 3000 US, 18 BP Solar 175B panels.

Comment

Working...