Specs of a small solar panel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Specs of a small solar panel

Im going to travel next year and plan to buy this to charge my mobile phones and powerbanks.

How can the mA output of the cell differs from output of the buildin usb module ??

Specifications: Solar panel output: 6.8V 1100mA
    Power: 6W
    Photoelectric conversion rate: 19%
    USB output: 5V 1200mA
    USB version: 2.1
    Water resistance: IP65
    Material: Monocrystalline and silica gel
    Solar panel size: 25.4 * 12.1cm / 10 * 4.8in (L * W)
    Item size: 30.2 * 16.7 * 0.6cm / 11.9 * 6.6 * 0.2in (L * W * H)
    Item weight: 264g / 9.3oz
    Package size: 35.5 * 17 * 3.5cm / 14 * 6.7 * 1.4in (L * W * H)
    Total weight: 346g / 12.2oz
    Attached Files

Unless your travel will keep you several days from an opportunity to recharge from the grid, I'd suggest you just buy a USB battery pack / power bank with enough capacity to bridge between recharges. The PV system you found will generate some energy, but it will be hard to get enough good exposure to get much use out of your devices.

In answer to your question, the 1100 mA spec is at 6.8 V, and the current increases slightly in the conversion to 5 V.
    CS6P-260P/SE3000 - http://tiny.cc/ed5ozx

Comment

Thanks for your reply.
      So during peakhours it will not give the same 1200mAh as an average AC electric charger/adpater

Comment

I agree with sensij. Those portable solar panels will not perform as expected even if they are fixed in place and pointed directly at the sun.

You will get more power output for your cash by going with one of those portable USB battery packs. Don't waste your money on a flexible, portable solar panel.

Comment

Complete waste of money. Sure it might say 6 watts, but only in your dreams. Perhaps 4 watts for a couple of minutes around noon if the panel is outside facing directly into the sun but so what. The power is so low you could be talking days to recharge. Just about every USB charger today is 20 watts. The only thing that POS charger is good for is relieving fools of their cash. Are you a fool?
          MSEE, PE

Comment

It is a 10watt panel. Thats why i am interested.

Solar Charger 10W Portable Ultra Thin Monocrystalline Silicon Solar Panel 5V USB Ports for iPhone 6s/6/Plus iPad Galaxy S6/S7/Edge/ Nexus 5X/6P High Effiency
            Last edited by fivewin; 12-12-2017, 08:04 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by fivewin View Post

Solar Charger 10W Portable Ultra Thin Monocrystalline Silicon Solar Panel 5V USB Ports for iPhone 6s/6/Plus iPad Galaxy S6/S7/Edge/ Nexus 5X/6P High Effiency
              6.8 Volts * 1100ma = 7.48 watts proves they lie. Do you really want to believe them about anything else.

Comment

Originally posted by fivewin View Post

Please do not trust the advertisers concerning any of these small portable solar battery chargers. They usually will not perform as stated and will cost you many more times what you would pay for a small portable lithium battery.

Comment

I found a review of this thin panel on youtube : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gs3GoEr_FLc

Comment

Originally posted by Gerard Fivewin View Post
                    I found a review of this thin panel on youtube : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gs3GoEr_FLc
                    That is not a review, and does nothing to address the concerns about this panel that have been raised in this thread.
                    CS6P-260P/SE3000 - http://tiny.cc/ed5ozx

Comment

More B.S. from the new idiots' bible, I.E. U-tube.

Comment

I would put more trust into the kid down the street before I believe in anything I see on YouTube.

You have to remember videos posted on the net are done by people trying to impress their friends or to sell you something. They do not necessarily have scientific content you can trust.

Comment

If you knew how to read panel specs you would know they lied. Never trust a liar.

I say go for it, spend your money. The people selling the panel need money more than you do.
                          MSEE, PE

Comment

Ive found the real specs. Perhaps the shop over-typed these wrong and thats why my initial post.

Here r the specs and it only costs +/- 14usd incl free shipping

Specificaitons Power: 10W
                            Solar output: 6V 1700mA
                            Voltage regulator tube output: 5V 1200mA
                            Output:USB 5V ,1200mAh
                            Item size:26 * 14cm /10.23 * 5.51in(L * W)
                            Item weight:102g /3.56oz
                            Package size:29 * 16 * 2cm / 11.41 * 6.29 * 0.78in(L * W * H)
                            Package weight:165g / 5.82oz

Comment

Originally posted by Sunking View Post
                              If you knew how to read panel specs you would know they lied. Never trust a liar.

I say go for it, spend your money. The people selling the panel need money more than you do.
                              Why are these specs wrong? I believe you can clarify for someone who doesn't understand much of this tech talk, what numbers to look at and why they don't make sense...Thanks

Comment

Working...
                              X