X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sunking
    Solar Fanatic
    • Feb 2010

Originally posted by AranM0n3y88
    So I should have a 24vot system better then a 12vot system? I want more power doing the night time .. I was thinking having a two 12 volt battery and put them in parallel ...ppl telling me that the parallel system is better then 24volt system Are they right or ?
    Ignore who told you that, they are morons and have no clue. Tell them to go jump in the lake, they are idiots taking up space and wasting resources for the rest of us. Common sense should tell you differently. WTF do you think electric utilities use up 1,000,000 volts for transport if lower voltage was better and supplied more power. Grid Tied solar works at 300 volts and higher, and Electric Vehicles use up to 600 volts. If 12 volts was better, they would use it. Fact is 12 volts is for TOYS, RV's and Morons stuck inside a 12 volt box they trapped themselves in. By your logic 6 volts must be twice as powerful as 12 volts.

Here is what you are missing, 5th grade math.

Watts = Voltage x Current on every planet except Ignoranious.

1,000,000 watts = 1,000,000 volts x 1 amp. Would take a wire the size of a strand of spaghetti to transport 100 miles.
    1,000,000 watts = 12 volts x 83,333 amps. Would take a copper conductor the size of a Redwood tree to transport 1 mile and not enough copper or money in the world to do it.

Use your head for something other than a place to hang your hat on. If you would do that you would not be stuck with Chump or Billiary for POTUS
    Last edited by Sunking; 10-19-2016, 01:04 PM.
    MSEE, PE

Comment

• AranM0n3y88
      • Oct 2016

Ok the wired from the plate to the battery is at least 40feet away ...

Does it matter how far from the plate to the battery in amp or volt ...isn't the closer the plate to the battery is better n strong but in my case I can't it 40feet away (around there) so am thinking if my plate gave me 28amp or 90.5 volt it Might gave me 25amp and maybe 75volt cuz of the distend..right?

Am think of buying 24power inv. And connt it with two 400ah battery and my 12power inv connt it with one battery (+ from one side of the battery and - from the other battery). Will that work?

If it was u what will u do?

Comment

• Mike90250
        • May 2009

If you are thinking of using a 12V & a 24V inverter on the same battery bank, you will be loading the batteries unequally, but charging them identically. This will quickly lead to an un balanced battery bank, with one battery overcharged, and one battery undercharged,
        Powerfab top of pole PV mount (2) | Listeroid 6/1 w/st5 gen head | XW6048 inverter/chgr | Iota 48V/15A charger | Morningstar 60A MPPT | 48V, 800A NiFe Battery (in series)| 15, Evergreen 205w "12V" PV array on pole | Midnight ePanel | Grundfos 10 SO5-9 with 3 wire Franklin Electric motor (1/2hp 240V 1ph ) on a timer for 3 hr noontime run - Runs off PV ||
        || Midnight Classic 200 | 10, Evergreen 200w in a 160VOC array ||
        || VEC1093 12V Charger | Maha C401 aa/aaa Charger | SureSine | Sunsaver MPPT 15A

solar: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Solar
        gen: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Lister

Comment

• AranM0n3y88
          • Oct 2016

Hey mike my plate is 18volt can I use them as in series ? Or I can't cuz is a 12volt plate ?

Comment

• Mike90250
            • May 2009

Hey mike my plate is 18volt can I use them as in series ? Or I can't cuz is a 12volt plate ?
            I'm not sure I understand what a plate is. Actually, I know what a plate is, but I have no idea how you wire a "plate" into a PV system.

If you are putting PV panels in series, when you add up the Voc for all in series, you MUST be 10's of volts below the voltage your controller dies at. When PV panels are cold. they produce higher voltage than when they are tested at room temperature.
            Powerfab top of pole PV mount (2) | Listeroid 6/1 w/st5 gen head | XW6048 inverter/chgr | Iota 48V/15A charger | Morningstar 60A MPPT | 48V, 800A NiFe Battery (in series)| 15, Evergreen 205w "12V" PV array on pole | Midnight ePanel | Grundfos 10 SO5-9 with 3 wire Franklin Electric motor (1/2hp 240V 1ph ) on a timer for 3 hr noontime run - Runs off PV ||
            || VEC1093 12V Charger | Maha C401 aa/aaa Charger | SureSine | Sunsaver MPPT 15A

Comment

• AranM0n3y88
              • Oct 2016

Lolz I mean pv panels

What is the best mppt I can buy ? The one I have I returned it I don't think it was mppt it didn't work right I put the panels in series and out of no way it wouldn't charge my battery or let me use power ..

Am thinking of this one. What u think ?

http://www.homedepot.com/catalog/pdf...9d8649138d.pdf

Or

Comment

• Mike90250
                • May 2009

I personally like the Morningstar 60A MPPT and have heard good things about the Schneider Electric 600V MPPT

Comment

• AranM0n3y88
                  • Oct 2016

Thank mike

Is the Morningstar China or were is made from... And how about this one

Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for MidNite Solar Classic 150 12-72V Battery MPPT Charge Controller at the best online prices at eBay! Free shipping for many products!

Which is the best from those two..???
                  Last edited by AranM0n3y88; 10-22-2016, 01:40 PM.

Comment

• Logan5
                    Logan5 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Well If your going to spend that kind of money, Might as well, Add the Outback line of CC's to your list. As well as others, Read the spec's. and wait until you can understand most if not all of the devices setting parameters and features and how they may relate to your unique goal. Keep reading and hold onto your money. Best decision I made was purchasing the Outback Flex80 @$550. Your particular needs may indicate another brand, either way you are in the price range for QUALITY products now.
                • Mike90250
                  • May 2009

I own 2 MS-TS-MPPT 60 and one Classic 200. My morningstar out performs my classic every day, in my installation. I don't recommend the classic and it's 3 screaming fans anymore. It works, it's hot, and it's not as good as the MS-TS-MPPT 60 in my install.

To perform any adjustment on the outback, I believe you need an extra piece of gear $$. Morningstar and Midnight Classic just need a cable. Schneider Electric gear also needs a expensive controller to do any adjustment.

Comment

• Logan5
                    Logan5 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    My flex80 is fully faceplate programmable. I know the mate is used in the Flexpower ONE and TWO prewired configurations, I believe it allows the integration of inverter devices as well as relays. but charging algorithms and set points can be adjusted via the built in faceplate.
                • AranM0n3y88
                  • Oct 2016

Thx

I ask that ? Cuz am thinking of buying Missouri Falcon Mach 4 Wind Turbine 12/24 Volt 3 Blade Output Freedom ll PMG. So I can use my mppt for wind turbine and solar. With no problem ...

I have a lot of wind were I stay..

Logan Outback Flex80 has fan inside I believe and I read that any mppt that has a fan inside is really not a good intem that cuz anything that goes wrong with that fan it will over heat..that wat I hear...
                  Last edited by AranM0n3y88; 10-23-2016, 12:43 AM.

Comment

• Logan5
                    Logan5 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    4 yrs with mine, only thing I find annoying is the fan noise. but I find most products with a fan annoying.
                • inetdog
                  Super Moderator
                  • May 2012

Thx

I ask that ? Cuz am thinking of buying Missouri Falcon Mach 4 Wind Turbine 12/24 Volt 3 Blade Output Freedom ll PMG. So I can use my mppt for wind turbine and solar. With no problem ...

I have a lot of wind were I stay..
                  A conventional PV MPPT CC will not necessarily work as expected or even well with a wind turbine. A large problem is that a short term increase in the current drawn will produce an increase in instantaneous power which looks attractive to the MPPT algorithm, but will over a longer time frame cause the turbine to slow down and produce less power.

I believe that one unscrupulous wind turbine maker was relatively candid about advertising a much higher power output from his turbine at design wind speed than it could actually produce. When questioned he replied that it could in fact produce that much power for a few seconds from the inertia of the system as it slowed down under load.
                  SunnyBoy 3000 US, 18 BP Solar 175B panels.

Comment

Working...