English Teacher Knows Nothing About Solar Energy; What to Do to Know More?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jklunder
    • May 2016

English Teacher Knows Nothing About Solar Energy; What to Do to Know More?

Hi Everyone,

I am currently an English language and composition teacher in China. I've always been fascinated by the concept of solar energy; but, I know nothing of technical details required.

Could any of you answer some basic questions for the novice like me?

1. What are the basic textbooks, websites, Wikipedia pages, YouTube Videos, or forums (such as this one) to teach me the basics?

2. I am currently living in China. Is China still the place where the good stuff is produced at a good price? Or, in the same way as clothing, light manufacturing, etc. has moved elsewhere, has solar gone to Hong Kong, Australia, etc.?

3. Would getting in contact with photo-voltaic researchers, such as at UNSW, be a good idea? I'm guessing that knowing trends such as about any big leaps forward might help to understand crucial times to invest.

4. I am very interested in the work of Charlie Paton and SeaWaterGreenHouse.com. Do you guys have any opinions, critiques, etc.?

Thanks
  • inetdog
    Super Moderator
    • May 2012

A very good start is "Solar Power Your Home For Dummies" which can be downloaded free online.
    Do not believe anything you read on YouTube until you get enough basic knowledge to determine what is trash and lies (90%).
    And Welcome to Solar Panel Talk!

This is a duplicate thread. Please continue at https://www.solarpaneltalk.com/forum...o-to-know-more.
    Last edited by inetdog; 05-02-2016, 08:21 PM.
    SunnyBoy 3000 US, 18 BP Solar 175B panels.

Comment

Working...