Goto www.saverooftopsolarca.com to sign petition to protect rooftop solar in CA

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wildfins
    • Dec 2015

Goto www.saverooftopsolarca.com to sign petition to protect rooftop solar in CA

California Solar Energy Industries Association

Stumbled upon these interesting articles as I searched for solar ITC and NEM status updates... and thought that it would be good to share with the forum...
    After reading the articles, I went to www.saverooftopsolarca.com and signed the petition to protect rooftop solar in California, dunno if it's too late but did it anyway.
    Attached Files
  • solar pete
    Administrator
    • May 2014

Thanks for posting that wildfins. I met up with the fine people of Calseia on my last visit, Brad and his crew are doing a great job, cheers

Comment

• wildfins
      • Dec 2015

As of 2016-01-11, there are 75,625 solar installations totaling 497MW for SDGE - which is about 120MW left before reaching the 5% NEM cap limit set at 617MW.
      At the pace of 123 installations per day totaling 1MW in average (about 30MW per month), that's only 120 days left... or probably sometimes in April/May 2016 for SDGE.

Updated January 11, 2016:
      There has been some action today on the proposed NEM 2.0 decision. Commissioner Florio has set a public meeting with all parties to discuss the Proposed Decision (see below) for January 20, 9:30 am. What this means:
      1. The final decision on NEM 2.0 will not be heard until at least the January 28th meeting. The Commission had met the timeline to make a final decision at the 1/14 meeting, but decided to push the item until the 1/28 meeting to allow for public comment.
      2. This announcement cannot be seen as good news for the solar industry. Typically, the commissioners work through changes to proposed decisions between themselves. Going public with the deliberations will open the proceedings to much more stakeholder posturing and acrimony, which could make the process of arriving at a Final Decision considerably more difficult.

Admin note, no links are allowed to opposition calculators or solar lead gen companies, as solarreviews.com pays the bills around here
      You do not have permission to view this gallery.
      This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

• sensij
        Solar Fanatic
        • Sep 2014

In my reading of the public record, CALSEIA and others on that side of the table have done little to justify their position that NEM should be extended with almost no changes. What they have going for them are separate CPUC proceedings to help determine the "value" of distributed generation, the results of which will better inform NEM policy. Also, the IOU's proposals are so far removed from the current NEM structure that any realistic alternative to basically keeping NEM 1.0 in place would force the CPUC to come up with their own path down the middle, which is hard.

A couple other recent threads, if you prefer original source material:
        https://www.solarpaneltalk.com/forum...ed-by-the-cpuc

https://www.solarpaneltalk.com/forum...-sdg-e-nem-cap
        (I haven't put in the December update on this thread, but agree with the April/May projections)
        CS6P-260P/SE3000 - http://tiny.cc/ed5ozx

Comment

• wildfins
          • Dec 2015

thanks sensij, just read through those original posts which are very informative...

Comment

• MoJ
            • Sep 2015

And as of today 113 ... tick ... tock... I'm in the "holding pattern" waiting for final "TURN ON" from SDGE ... we're having issues with the city and SDGE addresses not meshing up exactly. ARGH! I hate wasting almost 4000 watts of power capability this time of day.
            Daily Net Energy Metering (NEM) Program Limit Report

All NEM Eligible

Data updated as of: Jan 16, 2016 11:00:59 A.M.
            Installations Megawatts
            NEM Installations that have received Authorization to Operate from SDG&E 76,028 499.4
            NEM applications in the queue that SDG&E has received Final Electrical Inspection release from city/county and is waiting for Authorization to Operate from SDG&E 618 4
            Total 76,646 503.4
            Remaining MW available under the NEM Program Cap 113.6

Comment

Working...