• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PNjunction
    Solar Fanatic
    • Jul 2012

Panasonic / Sanyo "HIT" panels?

Anybody running with "hit" panels?

Rummaging through the solar toy aisle online, I stumbled across this that caught my eye:

It was the "HIT" panel part that intrigues me - and um, not so much the toy charger itself. (2 AA's, only 500ma /5v output - not enough in today's world...) So I picked one up to play with as a goof.

Apparently this "hit" stuff has been around with Sanyo/Panasonic since the 1990's, and is a combination of crystalline AND amorphous. Supposedly gets more efficient with high heat, and overall the typical 20 year life to 80% output.

Of course it did seem like a little toy showcase for the REAL panels I found online, which I had overlooked before. Apparently the cells since 2009 come from California and Oregon and the panels themselves are assembled at various locations.

Interesting aspect about getting better in the heat, but how long will THAT last? I'm not about to purchase, but I am intrigued about any real-world use history.
  • PVcompare
    Banned
    • Aug 2013

Originally posted by PNjunction

Interesting aspect about getting better in the heat, but how long will THAT last? I'm not about to purchase, but I am intrigued about any real-world use history.
    I don’t know if it can be helpful for your information “research “ but here you can find some real outputs from Sanyo .

If you want you can insert specify zone, orientation and tilt for understand if it works well in every zone.

Comment

• solar pete
      Administrator
      • May 2014

Originally posted by PNjunction

Rummaging through the solar toy aisle online, I stumbled across this that caught my eye:

It was the "HIT" panel part that intrigues me - and um, not so much the toy charger itself. (2 AA's, only 500ma /5v output - not enough in today's world...) So I picked one up to play with as a goof.

Apparently this "hit" stuff has been around with Sanyo/Panasonic since the 1990's, and is a combination of crystalline AND amorphous. Supposedly gets more efficient with high heat, and overall the typical 20 year life to 80% output.

Of course it did seem like a little toy showcase for the REAL panels I found online, which I had overlooked before. Apparently the cells since 2009 come from California and Oregon and the panels themselves are assembled at various locations.

Howdy, I had a customer come into www.solarwholesalers.com.au a couple of years back who had been researching those panels and wanted me to quote a system using them. Well I called around the usual suppliers and eventually found one who could get them (had none in stock) and at the time they were 2.5 times more expensive than a standard chinese tier 1 panel, so the customer decided he would go with the Jinko's, but I did read up about them and they did sound very cool.

Comment

Working...