Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mr.sunwind
    • Apr 2015

Hicosy: Open hardware energy monitoring

If you have a PV system and want to start saving money by monitoring your energy production and consumption Hicosy is the perfect product for you.
    Based on Open Hardware, Hicosy will connect to your inverter and the energy meter providing all the information you need. A dedicated web dashboard service allows you to visualize your savings and stats from anywhere.
    Register to our newsletter httpsCOLON//hicosyDOTeu/newsletter/ to get the Super Early Bird discount on our Indiegogo campaign: your only chance to get the product at a special price, enjoy free premium service for 6 months and contribute to the final phase of our market study and development!

--Mod Note: This post and the product behind it walk very close (on which side?) to the line dividing informing our members and advertising.
    I will compromise in my actions by just making the link unclickable and advising our members to take everything they read with a grain of salt.
    I am a general supporter of Open Source software and related projects. But this is a fundraising effort too.
    Last edited by inetdog; 05-26-2015, 02:00 PM.
  • mikefratello
    • May 2015

Hi mr.sunwind,

your project sounds interesting.
    I'm very curious about Open Source but I'm not a real programmer, so, in my opinion, it's very nice your project because seems to make easier the DIY opne source.
    Can you please give me more details about which data you plan to show in your dashboard?

Comment

• mr.sunwind
      • Apr 2015

Hi Mike

Originally posted by mikefratello
      Hi mr.sunwind,

your project sounds interesting.
      I'm very curious about Open Source but I'm not a real programmer, so, in my opinion, it's very nice your project because seems to make easier the DIY opne source.
      Can you please give me more details about which data you plan to show in your dashboard?
      Hi Mike, first of all thanks for your interest in our project.
      No, you don't need to be an expert in programming to use our Hicosy.
      That's the main goal of our project.
      We want to make the DIY easy to everyone.
      As you can see in our Tutorial, you will receive a box with all that is necessary to assemble your Hicosy kit. You'll compose your kit and after that you will launch a Java Installer that will install the software for you and will drive you in the process of registration to our website. In a few minute, you will have your monitoring system up & running.
      In attach some images taken from our dashboard beta version where you can see what we plan to show: at runtime data on your power production, V(Out), I(Out), Energy production and inverter temperature plus all the inverter alarm messages available through the RS485 channel with the inverter.
      Moreover you will be able to compare you energy production with an energy estimate based on your localization and your plant data and you will monitor your production month by month.
      Thanks again and don-t forget to subscribe to our Newsletter to keep in touch with us.
      Attached Files

Comment

Working...