X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• discovery5
    replied
    I have read your old posts obviously you find entertainment in your BS

Originally posted by russ
    Your reading comprehension is apparently very poor? I never said anything about Tesla drivers - I said something about a company executive beating the drum to get attention.

You lighten up

Off grid - I am glad you did - now you can bitch about having to pee your money away for nothing.
    My reading comprehension is fine. Look at your old posts. I do not know what drum you are beating.

Leave a comment:

• russ
    replied
    Originally posted by discovery5
    The people driving Tesla are fools according to you? I am off the grid because I bought into someones BS and I am glad I did. Lighten up.
    Your reading comprehension is apparently very poor? I never said anything about Tesla drivers - I said something about a company executive beating the drum to get attention.

You lighten up

Off grid - I am glad you did - now you can bitch about having to pee your money away for nothing.

Leave a comment:

• Living Large
    replied
    I don't know what this random link represents, but I was foolish enough to click it. I wish I could get that minute back.
    Originally posted by discovery5
    The people driving Tesla are fools according to you? I am off the grid because I bought into someones BS and I am glad I did. Lighten up.
    I must have read a different comment. I didn't see anything directed at people who drive a Tesla. Lighten up?

Leave a comment:

• donald
    replied
    We need to see Tesla's justification for making stationary batteries that is beyond California requiring the electric utilities to add battery storage. Maybe we'll get some details next week.

Leave a comment:

• discovery5
    replied
    Toyota BS

A PR blurb from a fool at the top of Tesla and nothing more. Clean Technica is a source of BS but not too much more.

Leave a comment:

• discovery5
    replied
    I would not be off the grid if I had to listen to you

A PR blurb from a fool at the top of Tesla and nothing more. Clean Technica is a source of BS but not too much more.

Leave a comment:

• Living Large
    replied
    Even the title of that blurb warns you it is PR, yet it was written by a self-described "expert" in the solar and EV industry. The comments below the "article" are much more informative.

Leave a comment:

• russ
    replied

Leave a comment:

• discovery5
    replied
    Link

Originally posted by pleppik
    The plan is to sell stationary battery packs to both homes and utilities.

Tesla's claim is that by cranking up the manufacturing volume of lithium batteries on a massive scale, they can bring down the price by a big fraction (like half or more). I have no idea if this will work or not, but at least they're putting their money where their mouth is.

I also saw a recent article (sorry, no link) that Tesla is planning to bid on some utility-scale battery storage projects which would be installed in California in five years or so.

Since the battery factory in question is still under construction, and the cars get first dibs on the output, it will probably be 3-5 years before you can buy a Tesla battery for your home.
    Sign up for daily news updates from CleanTechnica on email. Or follow us on Google News! Many are now eagerly awaiting Tesla’s home battery storage announcement scheduled for April 30. The presentation below, Tesla co-founder and CTO JB Straubel’s keynote address at the 2014 Energy Storage Symposium, is really worth ... [continued]

Leave a comment:

• Sunny Solar
    replied
    Sunking is a wealth of information..BUT I have heard of ACunits and recently bought 4 Inverter split AC units. 2 x 21/2 hp and 2 x 1hp.. We run one of the 21/2 hp ones about 5 hrs a day. and one 1hp one about 10 hrs a day.. I dont know what that is in the "ton" measurement USA uses.. HP is the only rating used in Phils.. BTUis used mostly for comparison in Australia.
    My total monthly electric bill is less than 600kwh a month.
    1x50" LED tv on about 12 hrs a day.. usualy no one watching..

Instant electric hot water heater.used at most on 1200 w

2ceiling fans on usually 24 hrs a day.
    auto wash machine used 46mins 2 times a week.
    1 x 300L fridge/freezer.

All lighting is solar power only... Almost all LED lighting and a few CFL..

Solar clothes drying only as its sunny from 6am to 6pm and above 25deg C about 300 days a year..
    Reverse cycle ACunits are not sold or available in Phils..

Leave a comment:

• Living Large
    replied
    Originally posted by Sunking
    LL 64 wh is nothing a 10 watt light burning for 6 hours. You average home in the USA is 30 Kwh per day. 67 Kwh in a day for a large home in Florida with a swimming pool, and electric hot water is not that unusual. Florida has to have something you Yanks do not know about. Kind of a new invention so you might not heard of it. They call it Air Conditioning. You cannot live in the south without air conditioning.
    I made an error Dereck - and I'm making a note of that fact on my calendar and trying not to repeat tomorrow.

I meant 6.7kWh, not 67Wh - not sure how that came out of my fingers. My use is 6.9kWh per day, so 10x that amount was a bit shocking. Even more so when the bill rolls in.

Leave a comment:

• Sunking
    replied
    Originally posted by Living Large
    67kWh would indeed be something to be ashamed about. I believe you mean 67Wh - which is still eye popping to me, but I live by myself and I don't have a pool!
    LL 64 wh is nothing a 10 watt light burning for 6 hours. You average home in the USA is 30 Kwh per day. 67 Kwh in a day for a large home in Florida with a swimming pool, and electric hot water is not that unusual. Florida has to have something you Yanks do not know about. Kind of a new invention so you might not heard of it. They call it Air Conditioning. You cannot live in the south without air conditioning.

Leave a comment:

• Living Large
    replied
    Originally posted by Sunny Solar
    To anyone contemplating buying AC unit for first time or replacing an old window or split AC unit.... The power savings from the newer Inverter split AC units is nothing short of amazing.
    We changed a 1 hp window AC unit with a 1hp inverter split ACand powr reduction of 62%.and the window one was only 5 yrs old..
    In the back of my mind is that someone somewhere said that in a small house (1000 sq ft +/-) they got away with running a mini split on low at 300W. Have to run a lot of hours and not let the temperature get too hot or else the 300W setting won't do squat to reduce temperature.

Since I am planning about an 1100 sq ft house, I am still thinking about a low power draw AC if I go solar. My current AC draws about 2000W.

Leave a comment:

• SunEagle
    replied
    Originally posted by Living Large
    67kWh would indeed be something to be ashamed about. I believe you mean 67Wh - which is still eye popping to me, but I live by myself and I don't have a pool!
    No. The correct number for those months is about 67 kWh daily. My home is 100% electric. That includes the stove, cloths dryer, heating and cooling along with all the other appliances. With 4 people living in the home a lot of energy is used all day and night.

Before I made some major changes in Oct 2010 I was averaging 72 kWh a day or 26171 kWh for the entire year of 2010.

Last year (2014) I averaged 48 kWh daily or 17653 kWh for the year. Today is was above 80 F and I am averaging about 2 kW/hr with 40 kWh used by 8 PM.

While my home uses a lot of electricity compared to most of the world, I use less than an average home of my size in Florida with a family of my size.

Leave a comment:

• Sunny Solar
    replied
    To anyone contemplating buying AC unit for first time or replacing an old window or split AC unit.... The power savings from the newer Inverter split AC units is nothing short of amazing.
    We changed a 1 hp window AC unit with a 1hp inverter split ACand powr reduction of 62%.and the window one was only 5 yrs old..

Leave a comment:

Working...