using Batteries in instend PV panel at night

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• using Batteries in instend PV panel at night

has any one used a high voltage batteries pack when sun is , not shining,, night,, or ... like a Net-Zero to the grid ,, using batteries at night to still make power ..I know there are some newer types of inverter at doing this some what.. but has any try doing it a standard grid-tie inverter ??....Too , be true Net-Zero, one might have to adjust the power being out putted my the inverter in some way ..Easiest would be to very the input power to the inverter ,,PV DC input ..I think it would be a good ideal it take the pressure off grid when the sun is not on ~~ shining ... just wonder if any once try it or done or would like to do it ..

sparkskard making sparks again ~~ http://www.solarpaneltalk.com/images/smilies/alien.gif

The question is really why would you do that with grid tied?

Battery power is extremely expensive. Some 5 to 10 times higher than what the power company sells it to you for. What you are saying is It cost be 50 cents to make my gizmo, and I sell it for 10-cents. Why would you do that?

MSEE, PE

Comment

missing the point

Sunking
      you do put make a good point $$$$$$$, if the gov. alway thought that we( gov ) would be in better sharp $$$$$$$$$$ wise..
      I was not not asking where it would econ. ,,,, just could it be done,, sooner or latter we are going to have come up $$$$$ ,,,,we well need the electrical storage some how,,, batteries are one of cheaper was to store electrical energy..we now could more storage cap. to keep grid in some what in balance .. where do we get the peak ,,surge electric energy from ???? Not from solar PV ...it cut not handle peak, surge power from...

too, my be I getting my batteries for all most free and one less more bill i have to pay..

If you were up on things you know u can $$$ back for advance storage devices.....

so do you if one can run a PV grid-tie inverter on a DC sourse like batteries ???????

thank you for ur input ..

Making sparks

Originally posted by Sunking View Post
      The question is really why would you do that with grid tied?

Battery power is extremely expensive. Some 5 to 10 times higher than what the power company sells it to you for. What you are saying is It cost be 50 cents to make my gizmo, and I sell it for 10-cents. Why would you do that?

Comment

Originally posted by Sparkskard View Post
        my be I getting my batteries for all most free and one less more bill i have to pay..
        Old junk batteries won't do much good - you are living in fantasy land.
        [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

Working...
        X