How about planting a solar tree?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How about planting a solar tree?

The Solar Tree is a combination of artistic and technological effort which exists as a form of solar artwork. Within the past several years, artistically inclined inventors have strived to envision new methods to gain utility from solar cell technology.

This relatively new concept was conceived in an attempt to merge new technology, relating to the absorption and use of solar power, and artistic aesthetic. The inspiration for their organic design has both visually pleasing and pragmatic purposes. Though the instrumental value of the Solar Tree may differ depending on its interpretation, the general form of an organic, tree-like figure utilizing solar panels remains consistent. check more information in 220px-Gleisdorf.Solarbaum.jpg
    Last edited by russ; 03-13-2014, 02:23 AM. Reason: removed link

331f2de919e34ff0aa10a117cfe0d262.jpg

Although this thread is probably spam, I have put thought into a Solar Tree (similar to photo) but designed like a palm tree with illuminated palm branches to be placed in Hawaii Parks and Hotels for night lighting... just another pipedream
    [CENTER]SunLight @ Night[/CENTER]

Comment

Renesola - That is probably one of the more stupid creations I have seen this year.

The output will be low and the cost high. It only allows some fool to claim they are green.
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

As for the most stupid, some of the low elevation VAWT installations vie for the crown

Comment

Originally posted by peakbagger View Post
          As for the most stupid, some of the low elevation VAWT installations vie for the crown
          Good comparison! Nice lawn ornaments for some but nothing more.
          [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

Idiocy = Form > Function

Comment

I remember Sunking being part of project involving a solar "tree" designed for a bank. It looked interesting and probably provided some amount of power but I believe the structure was more of "signage" that represented the bank.

Of course now that I brought it up Dereck will probably unfriend me.

Comment

Need to create first post to see that the attachment.

Comment

I wonder how those panels would fare in high wind situations. Seems like a safety hazard to me.

Comment

Originally posted by SunEagle View Post
                    Of course now that I brought it up Dereck will probably unfriend me.
                    Not very likely, as Dereck was very clear in his posts that the result was not economical when viewed purely as a PV system.
                    It was a good illustration of what can be done to produce a workable and safe PV system embedded in corporate art.
                    SunnyBoy 3000 US, 18 BP Solar 175B panels.

Comment

This Solar Tree Structure here was a custom design and if I remember correctly just to get it fabricated was $37K, and the concrete peer was another $11K. That was the cheap part. The sign on top is even more. The panels are just eye candy.

MSEE, PE

Comment

Originally posted by inetdog View Post
                        Not very likely, as Dereck was very clear in his posts that the result was not economical when viewed purely as a PV system.
                        It was a good illustration of what can be done to produce a workable and safe PV system embedded in corporate art.
                        And it sure is something to see. " A thing of beauty is a joy forever." Keats.

Comment

Working...
                        X