Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Overlook637
    • Jan 2024

2 less panels cost $3300 less?

Initial quote for 28 Q-Cell panels with enphase iq8h inverters and 2 Franklin batteries was $73,500. We found out that my power company (Georgia power) limits system size to 10kWH for net metering.

I asked for a new quote to stay at 10kWH. That would be two less panels. The cost decreased by $3300. My very limited knowledge tells me that a premium panel and most updated en phase should material cost less than $700 per panel and inverter. That’s $1400 in materials (not including brackets). With my limited knowledge- seams like they are charging a hefty installation cost.

Seeing the red flag. I checked the total system material costs.

I checked an online retailer. Two Franklin batteries, Franklin aGate controller. 28 Q-cell panels and 28 iq8h micro-investors totaled $41,000. Leaving me questioning $34,000 remaining costs for design, permits, installation, and warranty.

Any thoughts? Am I looking at this wrong approach?

• Ampster
    Solar Fanatic
    • Jun 2017

Get several quotes and see how they compare. A lot can depend on location and site challenges. It also may be worth asking whether the10 kWh limit is based on inverter capacity or panel capacity.
    Last edited by Ampster; 01-25-2024, 04:21 PM.
    9 kW solar, 42kWh LFP storage. EV owner since 2012

Comment

• chrisski
      Solar Fanatic
      • May 2020

Unfortunately, the quote will not go into a detailed list of all parts.

FWIW, my Q cell panels were about $1300-$1500 each installed. These went to a MPPT and a DC coupled battery charger. I gave a quote and bill, but not an itemized of how much the panels, inverter, and battery cost separately.

My numbers I use for fair market value for an installation is $15k for 5 kw of panels and $12k for 10 kWh of battery.

I don’t understand why the POCO limits you to 10kWh.

Comment

Working...