A Few Questions About Price Shopping...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Old_Man View Post
    A friend of mine is lookling at a house in the Sierra foothills of Northern Caifornia. Has solar out the ying-yang already, but he might want to go off-grid and I don't blame him. Reading about all the new regs (NEM1 for example), I'm glad the huse already has solar but he's flush and wants to be off- grid. He understands about batteries.

Generally speaking, at about 40 north, with 26 panels on the roof, can he go off-grid? Thanks in advance.
    As mentioned the hybrid inverter seems to be the way to go for what you want.

I am looking at having a Hybrid inverter installed. The one I’m looking at would be installed on a subpanel to run critical loads, and could be configured to zero-export, sell electricity back to the grid, or charge batteries. Seems like I do not need to purchase batteries right away and could add then on later.

What is making this difficult is battery temp specs in the place I would like to install is in the garage where temps reach 105 F or outside where temps have reached 121 F. Not many issues where I live for getting too cold. To me, something like this really needs a dedicated power shed.

This is not a cost effective way to get electricity and I don’t see how this could ever pay for itself. It’s not all about saving every penny you could. Something is to be said about having a subpanel that will run critical loads in power outages.

Comment

Working...
    X