Solar Leasing pricing.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Solar Leasing pricing.

Wondering what solar leasing options there are in Oklahoma? My electric provider is OG&E which has pretty low rates already. I have noticed a few more people getting solar in my neighborhood and wondered if the leasing prices are getting better. My income is too low to benefit from tax credits.

I would stay away from lease if you can.

The number of horror stories from people who got entangled in those solar leases is staggering...

Comment

I have never seen a solar lease that was priced in a way that benefitted the homeowner. It also creates an encumbrance on your title.
      9 kW solar, 42kWh LFP storage. EV owner since 2012

Comment

Run away! You will never find a solar lease that is worth what you will risk by signing on the dotted line. It is heavily in favor of the leasing company when they lock you into a long-term contract. If you have low electric rates you would have to purchase outright (no HE loans or solar loans) to make it worthwhile financially and if you can't claim the tax credit then that probably seals the deal to forget about it right now.
        Dave W. Gilbert AZ
        6.63kW grid-tie owner

Comment

I agree with Ampster and azdave. There is no good lease arrangement for the homeowner. It is always slanted toward the people telling you how good a lease is.

Comment

Working...
          X