SREC's New Jersey Oversupply in 2012?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SREC's New Jersey Oversupply in 2012?

HI all, I posted (and received great responses) on srecs and solar installation in nj a couple of months ago.

Was reading that by all accounts, there will be an oversupply of srecs in nj (versus the regulated requirement) for 2012. I've tried to do a lot of research on srecs, but for the life of me, I can't figure out if there is an oversupply, wouldn't that mean at some point in 2012, your srecs are worthless (maybe you can hold on for the next year, but for that year...2012, why would there be a need to purchase by the electric companies, if the mandate is satisfied)..

can't figure this out

Thanks!

Any comments anyone, ?

Comment

Much of how the SRECs are handled is political and not a real market.

Whether states can mandate that only SRECs from their state can apply for that state is somewhat of an open question - no doubt to be settled by the courts.

As the market grows and the big money companies/utilities get more involved I expect that many changes will come.

Your guess is as good as mine.

Actually Rich (Naptown) is the most likely to have a feel for this though he operates in Maryland.

Russ
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

SREC, FIT's, etc are a pyramid scam, they will collapse.

Here is the deal. Your local government has set up a biz for electric companies to pay credits for doing nothing. Government created a a false market for energy providers. They pay you to invest your money (rate and tax payers added on to your taxres and utility bill) to build and maintain the utilities capacity.

In the meantime Gore created a bis of carbon trading. Instead of utilities investing their profits to build capacity, they take them and buy carbon credits with public money via higher electric rates and tax funds.

In the end the result is at some point RE can not supply public demand and the utilities will build generating capacity instead of paying SREC's At that point the market collapses, and the utilities raise electric rates to cover the investments the government alloweed then to defer investment at your expense. When that time comes they will get the money for YOU with the governmant blessing as they were paid off to work the scam
        MSEE, PE

Comment

Working...
        X