SPR E-series vs SPR X-series Black

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SPR E-series vs SPR X-series Black

Is there a big difference between the two panels. What are the pros and con of each panel type if they are indeed different in performance.?

The annual output per STC Watt will be about the same. The all black will probably run a bit warmer and so a bit less efficient than the same panel that's not all black.

A better question might be why spend the extra money on Sunpower stuff when equally fit for purpose equipment is available for a lot less money ? Fall for the hype if you want to. Sunpower stuff is good, just not worth the premium by any set of real life and reasonable criteria.

Comment

Well the situation is I purchased a system using the X-series but the E series was installed instead and now I was offered a refund. So my question is should I pushed to get what I purchase or take the 12.5% refund .

Comment

Originally posted by Cdawg View Post
        Well the situation is I purchased a system using the X-series but the E series was installed instead and now I was offered a refund. So my question is should I pushed to get what I purchase or take the 12.5% refund .
        Is the overall system DC rating the same? I don't think there is currently any overlap in DC rating of X-series models vs E-series models, but there was at one time.
        CS6P-260P/SE3000 - http://tiny.cc/ed5ozx

Comment

Originally posted by Cdawg View Post
          If the system size, that is, the number of panels and the Wattage of each panel is the same, And the equipment is new, not blems or anything else,. and all other conditions and terms are the same, I'd take the 12.5 %. BUT, I'd be sure everything I wrote of above was true, otherwise, I'd adjust the 12.5 % upward.

How was the error discovered ? 12.5 % seems like a lot for what's actually a rather slight difference in the E vs. X series - enough to make me think something is amiss. I'd be skeptical. Compare the spec sheets once you verify what you have by actually looking at the panels, and the contract for what you thought you were buying.

Caveat Emptor.

Comment

Working...
          X