4 6v 225ah each/ MPPT 60ah

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We have a lot of Batterys here 200ah

I find 205 Trojan 12volt for $300 n is gel I believe .. I rly don't care about money some what.. I want a good long lasting Battery . ..

So I should connect 2set of 3 in series den connect them down in 1 wired to the Mppt right?

Comment

Originally posted by AranM0n3y88 View Post
      We have a lot of Batterys here 200ah

I find 205 Trojan 12volt for $300 n is gel I believe .. I rly don't care about money some what.. I want a good long lasting Battery . ..

So I should connect 2set of 3 in series den connect them down in 1 wired to the Mppt right?
      GEL batteries would not be a good selection for a solar pv system due to their shorter life and not liking to be cycled daily.

Yes you can wire 2 sets of 3 in series and then using a terminal block sized for the wire you can combine them to a single pair (+/-) of wires to the MPPT CC.

Comment

Ok thxz am going to go buy the Batterys 2morrow

last ? isn't it the same if I connect all series 6 together same volt all together . ..what make 2 set of 3 will be diff is still the same volt isn't !!!!! or is a better way to set them... n thank for ur time n info

Comment

Ok thxz am going to go buy the Batterys 2morrow

last ? isn't it the same if I connect all series 6 together same volt all together . ..what make 2 set of 3 will be diff is still the same volt isn't !!!!! or is a better way to set them... n thank for ur time n info
          No the 2 sets of 3 panels (wired in series) need to be wired in parallel. If you wire all 6 panels in series you could exceed the max DC input voltage for the CC.

So with 3 panels with a Voc= 21.5v wired in series you get 64.5volt and an Imp = of one panel (say ~ 5.5amp) .

The second set of 3 panels with a Voc = 22.4v wired in series will get you 67.2 volt and an Imp = one of those panels ( say ~ 5.4amps).

Wire those 2 sets in parallel and you will get a Voc ~ (64.5 + 67.2)/2 ~ 65.8 volts and an Imp total = (5.5a + 5.4a) = 10.9 amps
          Last edited by SunEagle; 04-19-2017, 03:45 PM.

Comment

I think series is better I would get around 130volt ...n my Mppt is 150volt that's 20volt less it wouldn't effects my Mppt

I want to charge my Batterys asap if I can so i can use them...which is better way for that series or parallel ?

bUT if I connect them in parallel I would get 66volt n 10amps is that better then series (pos+pos+pos n negative +neg+negative )right)

Why if I connect them in series I only get volt out n no amps to go with the volt ..just volt only ???
            Last edited by AranM0n3y88; 04-19-2017, 05:08 PM.

Comment

I think series is better I would get around 130volt ...n my Mppt is 150volt that's 20volt less it wouldn't effects my Mppt

I want to charge my Batterys asap if I can so i can use them...which is better way for that series or parallel ?

bUT if I connect them in parallel I would get 66volt n 10amps is that better then series (pos+pos+pos n negative +neg+negative )right)

Why if I connect them in series I only get volt out n no amps to go with the volt ..just volt only ???
              With an MPPT CC as long as the input voltage in about 8 volts more than your battery voltage it doesn't matter how you wire the panels. The charger will take the total wattage and generate the same charging amps if they are wired in series or in parallel.

What matters is that you run the risk of putting more than 150v into that CC if your panels are cold in the early morning, because that 130volt total can increase more than 15% which would be more than 150v total.

You can do what you want. I am only trying to let you know of the potential over voltage issue.

Comment

You also loose some conversion efficiency a heat in your controller, when converting from a higher (130V vs 65V) array voltage to battery voltage.
                Powerfab top of pole PV mount (2) | Listeroid 6/1 w/st5 gen head | XW6048 inverter/chgr | Iota 48V/15A charger | Morningstar 60A MPPT | 48V, 800A NiFe Battery (in series)| 15, Evergreen 205w "12V" PV array on pole | Midnight ePanel | Grundfos 10 SO5-9 with 3 wire Franklin Electric motor (1/2hp 240V 1ph ) on a timer for 3 hr noontime run - Runs off PV ||
                || Midnight Classic 200 | 10, Evergreen 200w in a 160VOC array ||
                || VEC1093 12V Charger | Maha C401 aa/aaa Charger | SureSine | Sunsaver MPPT 15A

solar: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Solar
                gen: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Lister

Comment

Ok thanks I would do it as parallel as u said ...

I just find out it would cost me $760 for 4 v6 Trojan Battery 450ah

or should I get 2 12volt Batterys 410ah it would cost me less $600

the deffs is 40ah only but I will save $160 if I go 12volt...

what u think is better to go 4 6v or 2 12volt? isn't it the same lasting time ect..

Comment

Ok thanks I would do it as parallel as u said ...

I just find out it would cost me $760 for 4 v6 Trojan Battery 450ah

or should I get 2 12volt Batterys 410ah it would cost me less $600

the deffs is 40ah only but I will save $160 if I go 12volt...

what u think is better to go 4 6v or 2 12volt? isn't it the same lasting time ect..
                    If you are going to save money then going with 2 12volt batteries would be better. Also with just 2 batteries you have fewer cable terminations which can be considered as failure points.

Just member that those 410Ah 12volt batteries will be very heavy.

Comment

Can you include a model number for the 410 Ah 12 volt batteries? I can't imagine what that would be. Sounds like a 300 lb. battery.
                      2.2kw Suntech mono, Classic 200, NEW Trace SW4024

Comment

Working...
                      X