X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • foo1bar
    Solar Fanatic
    • Aug 2014

Originally posted by Walker
    I had previously figured an installed system would be in the $15k range, and a DIY system in the $10k range. This would blow those prices away!
    It's likely you'll still be spending some at the local hardware/big box store.
    wire
    conduit
    breakers
    etc.
    And you need some way to get the wires up to the roof. (Not sure what the typical method is with a tile roof)

It's probably an OK price - You can check the same materials at renvu or soligent.

I think it's been possible to get down to $1.50/W for a DIY system.
    But most people have some issues that requires spending some more money - like shading so they need to use solaredge or microinverters. Or they don't have enough roof space so need higher wattage panels. Or need to replace a breaker panel. (Or all 3 like my house)

Comment

• Walker
      • Nov 2016

Hey, zaz, any updates?
      I'm gotten one estimate of $18k from an on-line source in NJ. I'm passing on that one!
      I still have lots of research to do but would appreciate knowing who your installer is......I may be interested. Thanks.

Comment

• mchhabria
        • May 2017

Hi zaz, i am curious too. I am in lower makefield and got quotes in 3.5 $/watt range. Also still trying to find an appropriate electrician to do the tie up. The few who do solar want the full turnkey project.Let me know.

Walker if you want to compare notes let me know.

Best
        MLC

Comment

Working...