Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mike90250
    replied
    What is the voltage you use for the electroplate ?
    To get 100A @ 12V, you will need about 2,000 watts of PV. If it is a fixed array, you may need even more, and would only be able to plate from 10am - 2pm, about 4 hours.
    You may need some sort of an "active resistor" or current controller (not a charge controller - you are running without batteries, directly off the PV panels) If you don't regulate your plating load somehow, you can consume more power then the panels can supply, and crash the voltage, Harmless to the panels of course, but it interrupts the plating .

Leave a comment:

• dinoryan88
    commented on 's reply
    It would take about 2 - 4 Hours.

• Logan5
    replied
    How long does this electrolysis process take, 100amps for 1 min. or 100 amps for 60 min's? makes a big difference on battery bank size.

Leave a comment:

• dinoryan88
    commented on 's reply
    Hello Mike,

I'm wanting to do Electrolysis or electroplating via solar power. I need to be able to produce at least 100 amps of direct current.

I need to be able to hook up jumper cables to the anode and cathode pieces of metal. I'm having trouble with what is needed between the panels and jumper cables to achieve at least 100 amps of power. Is it more panels?

• Mike90250
    replied
    Originally posted by dinoryan88 View Post
    Hello!........Please help!
    So, first, we need to know what you are wanting to do. You have not told us. Are you charging batteries ? Do you need voltage control? What are the Voltage and Amp specs of your PV, How many panels ? Charging eBike batteries ??

Leave a comment:

• dinoryan88
    commented on 's reply
    How many amps could I get out of this? I want to reach at least 100. Is there a way to write a private message to you?

• littleharbor
    replied
    Sounds like you need a battery in the mix between your solar panels__Charge controller__BATTERY__ Big jumper cables.

Leave a comment:

• Sunking
    replied
    Did the word Charge Controller ever across your mind?

Leave a comment:

• dinoryan88
    replied
    Yes, I know this, but how can I control the amperage and hook to big jumper cables.

Leave a comment:

• Sunking
    replied
    Are you kidding?

Solar panels are DC Current.

Leave a comment:

• Electrolysis - Need direct current to jumper cables

Hello!

I'm looking to purchase solar panels, but want to keep the direct current. How can I get high amperage output to jump cables?

Please help!
Working...
X