$4.20/watt for Sunpower X21-345's?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• $4.20/watt for Sunpower X21-345's?

Hi all. Hoping to get some feedback on a solar proposal. Yes I know I could do better with non-sunpower but maybe let's leave that aside.

I'm looking at 10-12 Sunpower X21-345 panels with solaredge power optimizers. It comes in at $4.20/watt installed. They use roof hooks and unirac for mounting. Will specify for an attic run. I do have limited west and south facing usable roof space so was leaning towards these panels. Power optimizers rationale was to keep battery back up as a future option.

Is this a decent deal? I live in San Diego with virtually no shading issues except for clouds if you count that. I wanted to get under $4/watt but no one seems to be playing for a smaller system. Going solar for us doesn't really make financial sense. Our avg monthly bill is less than $100 and the highest it's hit is $150. It's more for going green and protecting ourselves for utility rate changes and increased consumption as our kids grow. We can certainly wait but want to make sure to get in before the tax credit ramps down in 2019.

Thanks for commenting on advance.

I don't know much, but that price per watt is high. Play hard to get with these companies and the prices can and will go down.

Comment

A few suggestions: 1) search for 'installers used' post in the forum - it has some good info/leads on companies giving decent pricing 2) try bidding marketplace - you may find lower pricing vs going direct. And finally, don't give up on solar just because installers are giving you high quotes
      Last edited by kgvenkatesh; 09-24-2016, 01:04 AM. Reason: Deleted sunpower comment

Comment

Working...
      X