X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Advise

I have a few prices and systems I would like your input on,
    1st
    Total System Size 7.560 kW DC Power (STC) / 6.794 kW AC Power (CEC)
    Estimated Annual Production 11,954 kWh
    PV Panel Description Qty. 24 - LG Electronics Solar Cell Division Model: LG315N1C-G4
    Inverters Qty. 1 - SMA America Model: SB7700TL-US-22 (240V)
    Installer Contract Cost $24,900 ($3.29/watt DC, $3.66/watt AC)

2nd
    Total System Size 7.560 kW DC Power (STC) / 6.691 kW AC Power (CEC)
    Estimated Annual Production 12,028 kWh
    PV Panel Description Qty. 24 - LG Electronics Solar Cell Division Model: LG315N1C-G4
    Inverters Qty. 24 - Enphase Energy Model: S280-60-LL-5-US
    Installer Contract Cost $26,834 ($3.55/watt DC, $4.01/watt AC)

3rd from Sun Power
    Year 1 Estimated Production: 11,943 KWH
    7.19 kW (DC), 6.40 kW (AC) SunPower System
    22 x SunPower E20/327 Solar Panel
    InvisiMount Mounting System
    1 x SUNNY BOY 6000TL-US-22 - 240v (SPR-6002m)
    System Cost $32,804

4th From Sun Power original offer on what I need per sun power
    Year 1 Estimated Production: 9,008 KWH
    5.23 kW (DC), 4.60 kW (AC) SunPower System
    16 x SunPower E20/327 Solar Panel
    InvisiMount Mounting System
    1 x SUNNY BOY 5000TL-US-22 - 240v (SPR-5002m)
    System Cost $24,905

Sorry this is so long but all these solar companies are trying to confuse me. Im in southern Cal Riverside area. The sun power person said that with the enphase inverter and LG panels, I will not be able to produce peak AC watts. She told me enphase will only produce 250 ac watts. Is this true? if so should I just go with the first LG/SMA price one? The original offer from Sun power they gave me a system that produced 9008 kwh annually. I use just under 12,000 annually. She told me she would put me on a Time of use with SCE and that's why I only need a 9000 system. That doesn't seem right to me. She also tried telling me the panels fail before the inverters that's why I should go with sun power for their 25 year warranty. This also doesn't seem right to me I would think inverters fail before panels. Someone smarter than me please give me the real truth about what I should do. I am leaning toward one of the LG systems because I don't think the price difference makes up for the huge cost in sun power. Thanks for the help

Howdy I replied in your other thread but should have said I like option 1, but it wont hurt to get a few more quotes, having said that that is not a bad price, cheers

Comment

thanks, sorry for the double post didn't know where to put it. thanks for the help

Comment

They may be trying to confuse you but your ignorance is making it easy for them to do so. If you have not read "Solar Power Your Home for Dummies" yet, download it and do so. You are considering spending a lot of money. Educate yourself and you will gain a better understanding of what may be your best options and why Sunpower may not be your best choice.

Comment

JPM I have done my research just want other peoples opinion no reason to call me ignorant. I joined this forum to get other people advise. I did not join to get people to post things like you just did. But thanks for the help. Maybe I will check the book out.

Comment

Originally posted by outnumbered3 View Post
            JPM I have done my research just want other peoples opinion no reason to call me ignorant. I joined this forum to get other people advise. I did not join to get people to post things like you just did. But thanks for the help. Maybe I will check the book out.
            Ignorant is not a necessarily a pejorative term. Ignorant: Lacking knowledge or information. It's a state or condition, not a character flaw. I'm ignorant about many, probably most things.

In my opinion only, some of your solar ignorance is evident in your post and the questions you ask, from not seeming to know the possibilities and limitations of micro inverters, to not seeming to understand why, if, when, or if not T.O.U. pricing may be suitable for your situation.

Take my suggestion for what you think it's worth, or scrap it, but I'd respectfully suggest you look up the meaning of ignorant before you try to rip me a new one.

Good luck in your solar quest.

Comment

You can watch this:
              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Cnac_rBrbA

Comment

Working...
              X